Russ is a member of the Shield Breakers, a shield-surfing gang, consisting of him and his friend Fin. He asks Link to buy from the selection of shields he has, which are used for shield-surfing. If Link purchases a shield, he tells him about the Hylian Shield, which he thinks would be perfect for surfing with. After discussing the shield, he tells Link that there's a rumor of one being in Hyrule Castle.
Wares and Pricing
|This lightweight, simple shield is ideal for less-experienced fighters. It can withstand light attacks, but blocking stronger blows is not recommended.||30 Rupees|
|A shield once used by the guards of Hyrule Castle. It's easy to handle, but its core is made of wood, so it can catch fire.||100 Rupees|
|A shield favored by the knights who served the Hyrulean royal family. Its sturdy metal construction makes it quite durable, but its weight requires decent skill to wield.||300 Rupees|
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Russ" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's cause we're members of the shield-surfing gang, the Shield Breakers!" — Russ (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! Speaking of not breaking, have ya heard about the Hylian shield? Everyone in the surfing scene covets that bad boy." — Russ (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's clearly commissioned by the royal family or somethin'! It's sturdiness makes it perfect for shield surfing too." — Russ (Breath of the Wild)
- "You don't really see 'em around these days... but rumor has it there's one in Hyrule Castle." — Russ (Breath of the Wild)