Location and Rules
During the minigame, Link must collect as many Rupees as possible before the time runs out. Based on how close to the time limit Link finishes the game, multipliers are added to the score. The catch of the game consists in not showing the timer on-screen, so that Link must guess when the time runs out. If Link finishes the game after the 30 second time limit, he will not receive any of the Rupees that he collected.
In Hyrule, the game is run by the Rupee Rush Gal who charges Link 50 Rupees per game. Some Rupees can be found hidden beneath stone tiles or trapped inside boulders. These can be obtained by using the Tornado Rod or the Hammer. If Link manages to score at least 100 Rupees, he will be rewarded with a Piece of Heart.
In Lorule, the game is run by the Rupee Rush Guy who charges Link 100 Rupees per game. The Sand Rod is required in order to access some of the most valuable Rupees. If Link scores at least 150 Rupees, he will receive another Piece of Heart.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Ruée vers les rubis||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Rubis sur le fil||Rubies on the wire|
|German||Tempo-Rubinjagd||Timed Ruby Hunt|
|Korean||아슬아슬 루피 게임 (Aseul-Aseul Lupi Geim)||Athletic Rupee Game|
|SpanishLA||Riqueza con cabeza||Wealth with head|
- "I'll give you 30 seconds to grab as many Rupees as you can." — Rupee Rush Guy (A Link Between Worlds)
- "But here's the twist... There's no timer!" — Rupee Rush Gal (A Link Between Worlds)
- "You have 30 seconds from the start to grab as many Rupees as you can! If your time exceeds 30 seconds, you forfeit all the Rupees you collected, so speak to me before then, OK?" — Rupee Rush Gal (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Talk to me within 30 seconds, or I'll take back all the Rupees you pick up. Good luck rushing for Rupees!" — Rupee Rush Gal (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Do you want to play Rupee Rush? It's 50 Rupees for one go!" — Rupee Rush Gal (A Link Between Worlds)
- "That was so ultra out there! That's the first time I've seen someone cut it that close. It was great watching you at work. So I got you a super-special bonus!" — Rupee Rush Gal (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Wait a second... Isn't that a new record? Hey, you got such a high score! Take this piece of heart as a prize!" — Rupee Rush Gal (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Play some Rupee Rush? C'mon, it's only 100 Rupees for one go." — Rupee Rush Guy (A Link Between Worlds)
- "What?! Just in time?! Er, sorry. I don't usually get so, uh, excited. But thanks. Nice to see someone do really well here." — Rupee Rush Guy (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Lookit that! A new record! Looks like you figured out the secret to rushing! That's a towering achievement! Here's your reward!" — Rupee Rush Guy (A Link Between Worlds)