- This article is about the gemstone. For other uses, see Ruby (Disambiguation).
Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Rubies are rare Materials occasionally obtained from breaking Ore Deposits. They are also dropped by various types of Stone Taluses, Silver enemy variants and Yiga Blademasters when killed. They're sold at Ore and More in Tarrey Town and by Kairo at Foothill Stable. Rubies are said to contain the power of fire within them, granting warmth in colder temperatures when used in Armor.
Link can sell Rubies for 210 Rupees in most Stores, though the merchant Ramella will occasionally pay more for them in groups of ten after completing the Side Quest "The Jewel Trade". Rubies are required to purchase the Ruby Circlet from "Starlight Memories" Store. The description of the Snowquill Headdress reveals it is adorn with a Ruby.
Rubies are used by Great Fairies to upgrade certain pieces of Armor. They're needed for all tiers of the Ruby Circlet and the Hero Set, while five are needed for the final tier of each piece of the Snowquill Set.
- Total for Ruby Circlet: 22 (2, 4, 6, 10)
- Total for Hero Set: 57 (1, 3, 5, 10) x3
- Total for Snowquill Set: 15 (0, 0, 0, 5) x3
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Rubis brut||Raw ruby|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
A precious red gem mined from large ore deposits throughout Hyrule. Rubies contain the power of fire and have fetched a high price since ancient times." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
A precious red gem mined from large ore deposits throughout Hyrule. Rubies contain the power of fire and have fetched a high price since ancient times." — Spoils (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "By the way, do you have 10 rubies?" — Ramella (Breath of the Wild)
- "You'll get 2,100 rupees if you sell them at a store...or you can trade them to me for 2,300 rupees." — Ramella (Breath of the Wild)