|Royal Guard's Claymore|
Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
Royal Guard's Claymores are part of the Royal Guard's Series, that include the Royal Guard's Sword, Royal Guard's Spear, and the Royal Guard's Shield. The Sheikah used ancient technology to forge these swords. They were initially designed to help defend against the Great Calamity, but found little use due to their low durability. All Royal Guard's Claymores are found in Hyrule Castle. One can be found in the armory, and there is another in the hands of Black Moblins close by.
When Link speaks to Parcy at Riverside Stable, she will tell him about the equipment belonging to the royal guard inside Hyrule Castle and lament she couldn't find all of it. This will give Link the Side Quest "The Royal Guard's Gear". A Royal Guard's Claymore can be turned in for this quest in exchange for a Gold Rupee.
Royal Guard's Claymores are made of metal, which means they will attract Lightning when equipped during a thunderstorm. They also can't burn near a Fire or in a Scorching Climate and can be picked up using the Magnesis Rune.
- Royal Guard's Claymores are one of the few weapons stronger than the upgraded Master Sword, the others being the Ancient Battle Axe++ and the Savage Lynel Crusher.
- A glitch allowing for the obtaining of infinite rubies can occur when Parcy takes the Claymore but the item remains within the inventory. This glitch can also be used with the Royal Guard's Sword.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Spadone da guardia reale|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Royal Guard's Claymore
The Sheikah used the very essence of ancient technology to forge this greatsword. It was designed to oppose the Calamity, but its low durability made it impractical in battle." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Royal Guard's Claymore
The Sheikah used the very essence of ancient technology to forge this greatsword. It was designed to oppose the Calamity." — Allies (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Have you gone to the giant castle north of here? That's Hyrule Castle. It's said to have fallen to ruin over a hundred years ago. I used to sneak in there to salvage ancient treasures, but it's too dangerous to go in there now. These days it's surrounded by an eerie mist and savage machine-like creatures. Back when it was safer, I went in looking for this ultra-rare equipment that once belonged to the royal guard. It's legendary among collectors, but I was never able to find any..." — Parcy (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wait just a minute! Can you show me that big sword you've got there?!" — Parcy (Breath of the Wild)
- "Here's a token of my appreciation." — Parcy (Breath of the Wild)