A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past they are much stronger than they look for their short size and are able to deal a surprising amount of damage. They have a light green body, and orange tentacles sprouting from around their mouths. Much like the movement of sea anemones under water, rather than moving along the ground they stalk their victims by propelling their mass through the air, hopping repeatedly to close distance. Ropa appear commonly in the Skeleton Forest and Ghostly Garden and the grounds surrounding the Palace of Darkness, but are found throughout the Dark World.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, Ropas have a bright green body and flesh-colored tentacles while also appearing to contain a water-like substance that occasionally squirts out from the top of their bodies. They are weak and not very aggressive, being easily able to be defeated with the Four Sword, but appear in large groups and move erratically.
A Link Between Worlds
- The Ropa is likely to be the first enemy Link encounters in the Dark World, as they appear on the Pyramid of Power. They also appear in the Pyramid of Four Swords Adventures.
- Its possible that the name Ropa is intended as a connection to a Roper, a tentacled monster that appears in the Dungeons & Dragons series.
- As they were never officially named in the English versions of A Link to the Past, Ropa were often mistaken for Peahats.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ローパー (Rōpā)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 201 (ALttP | FSA | ALBW)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 127