|Room of Rites|
The Room of Rites is a location seen only in a Linked Game of Oracle of Ages or Oracle of Seasons. On an altar within the room stands three torches, where the Flames of Destruction, Sorrow, and Despair are lit. The room is utilized by Twinrova to perform the Dark Rites and resurrect Ganon, the malevolent Evil King, who can be brought back once the three torches are lit and a vessel is presented to be inhabited by Ganon's spirit.
The Three Flames
In order to light the flames, Twinrova sends forth Veran and General Onox to send the Essences of Time of Labrynna and the Essences of Nature of Holodrum, respectively, into chaos. Link gathers the Essences of Time and Nature and defeats the Sorceress of Shadows and the General of Darkness, but he is too late: the sorrow and destruction reverberating from both lands lights the respective flames, and the return of Ganon draws near. The final flame, the Flame of Despair, is lit when Twinrova capture Princess Zelda. At the loss of the princess, the voice of hope of the land, the people of Labrynna and Holodrum are stricken with despair, causing the Flame of Despair to light.
The final step in the resurrection of Ganon is the offering of a vessel for his spirit to inhabit. Captured by Twinrova in order to light the Flame of Despair, Zelda, who is unconscious, is placed on a stone slab in the Room of Rites and is to be offered as a sacrifice so that Ganon may have his vessel. After prying the two oracles Din and Nayru from the grasp of their respective captors, Onox and Veran, the two oracles will combine their power to warp Link to the Room of Rites, in an attempt to rescue Zelda, cast down Twinrova and prevent the resurrection of the Evil King.
After navigating a complex maze within the area, Link will come upon the altar where the three Flames and Zelda are found. He will then be transported to an arena below the Room of Rites for a battle against Twinrova. When Link is on the verge of defeating Twinrova, they will decide to sacrifice their own body in a final effort to bring back Ganon. Their plans succeed, and the Evil King is reborn.
Ganon, the Evil King
Although Ganon is resurrected by the self-sacrifice of Twinrova, the improper completion of the rite causes Ganon to be reborn as a raging, mindless beast. In an epic final battle against the ferocious Evil King, Link defeats Ganon and sends him back to the world of darkness from whence he came. Link narrowly escapes the Room of Rites with Zelda before it crumbles, never to be seen again. Peace returns to the lands of Holodrum and Labrynna.
- Before the battle with Twinrova and Ganon, Link can exit the Room of Rites at any time via a portal that will transport him to the Maku Tree. After the battle, the portal to the Room of Rites disappears.
- The key to navigating the maze within the Room of Rites is in the statues with moving eyes found therein. The eyes will point to any opening except the correct one, indicating which path Link should take.
- The BGM for the Room of Rites is the same as Veran's theme in Oracle of Ages.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 252 (OoA)
- "When the Flames of Destruction, [Sorrow] and Despair are lit, we will offer up our sacrifice, and the dark rites of the Gerudo will be complete! Then the Evil King shall return!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Ages)
- "Twinrova called Onox and Veran forth from the darkness. Their mission was to send the Essences of Nature and Time into chaos, they were to hand to Twinrova the sorrow, depair and destruction of the people." — Maku Tree (Oracle of Seasons)
- "By extending the reach of the Dark Realm, Veran has spread sorrow across the land. Soon, the Flame of Sorrow will ignite!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Ages)
- "Onox has fallen, but the damage he has done to this land burns on in the Flame of Destruction! When this flame lights the dark, our wish shall be granted! Hya, ha, ha, ha!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Now only one flame remains... When the three flames burn in the darkness... The Evil King shall return! Oh ho ho ho ho!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Ages)
- "Thanks to Veran and Onox, the Flames of Sorrow and Destruction already flicker! And when we captured Zelda, the foolish humans gave us despair! Oh, Flames of Despair, Destruction and Sorrow, burn with the power of our evil deeds!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Ages)
- "The Flames of Sorrow, Destruction and Despair burn brightly. The return of the Evil King Ganon approaches. The Holy Sacrifice, Zelda, is all that remains! When we call Ganon's spirit into the vessel, it will be done!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Ages)
- "The powers of we Oracles will guide you to Princess Zelda! Cast down Twinrova and stop the Evil King Ganon's revival!" — Din (Oracle of Ages)
- "So, Link! You've finally reached the altar! Bother! We can't have you scampering about up here! So we've dragged you in here. [...] You can't stop us! Prepare to meet your doom!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Ages)
- "Since they could not sacrifice me in their final rite, the powers of darkness could only revive a mindless, raging Ganon." — Princess Zelda (Oracle of Ages)
- "Gwoh hoh hoh... Gwah hah hah... Destroy...all... Kill ALL!!!" — Ganon (Oracle of Ages)