Trading for Don Gero's Mask (MM)
Location and Uses
Rock Sirloin is a Goron delicacy in Majora's Mask. It is said to come from Dodongo's Cavern, although it can also be obtained from beneath the soil. Darmani III was known for his affinity for Rock Sirloin. He often said that he could not die until he had eaten 1,000 tons of Rock Sirloin, and the Goron Elder's Son claims that Darmani used to like racing even more than he liked eating Rock Sirloin.
Link can find Rock Sirloin inside a Goron head on the chandelier hanging in the Goron Shrine. After all the Torches inside the shrine are lit, the chandelier will begin spinning. Goron Link can then roll and jump from the ramp found on the second floor to destroy the Goron head containing the Rock Sirloin. He can then pick it up and take it to the hungry Goron found on the Mountain Village. The Goron will then give Link Don Gero's Mask as thanks.
- In Ocarina of Time, a Goron will mention "sirloin rocks", which can only be found in Dodongo's Cavern. This is likely the conceptual basis for Rock Sirloins given that they are passingly mentioned to originate from Dodongo's Cavern in Ocarina of Time's sequel, Majora's Mask.
- In Hyrule Warriors, Darunia uses Rock Sirloins to regain strength after each defeat. When Impa commissions the boulder attack on His Room, he claims it ruined his Premium Rock Sirloin; on the west table can be seen the ruined Rock Sirloin he referred to.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||特上ロース岩 (Tokujou Rōsu Iwa)||Extra-Special Roast Rock|
|FrenchCA||Gigot de rocher (MM3D)|
|FrenchEU||Bavette de Pierre||Rock Steak|
|SpanishEU||Filete de Roca||Rock Fillet|
|SpanishLA||Bistec de Roca (MM)
Bistec de roca (MM3D)
- "You found the rock sirloin that a food-loving Goron hid in the chandelier!" — Bombers' Notebook (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Th-that's it! It's so good that I dream about it... Dodongo Cavern's finest quality rock sirloin! This is my absolute favorite! Blessed be this meal!" — Goron (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Spring has finally come to Goron Village. Now we can dig up the rock sirloin that had been beneath the ice." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "Darmani! You...You are alive. You always did say, "I cannot die until I've eaten 1000 tons of rock sirloin!"" — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "...You used to like racing more than you liked gobbling up a third helping of rock sirloin..." — Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "Why if it isn't Darmani! You are...alive? ...Yes, I see. That is the reason why you knew my favorite food. Oh, I almost forgot. Please accept this as a token of gratitude... Thanks to you, my energy has returned." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh, I almost forgot. Please accept this as a token of gratitude... Truthfully, I thought of giving you this mask that I'm wearing... But it seems you already have one, so I'll give you this instead. Take this to a Fishing Hole and you can get in for free. The more fish the merrier, am I right? Too much cold is another story. I'm going back to Goron Village." — Goron (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Open-air baths are the best, Brother! Nibbling on an evening meal of rock sirloin in the tub is like nothing else!" — Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "Sigh... I want to eat the top sirloin rocks from the Dodongo's Cavern!" — Goron (Ocarina of Time)