Leader of the Rito
The chieftain is a very inspiring leader to the Rito people. Because of his duty to the Rito society, he must be demanding at times, but he cares deeply for his son.
When Link arrives at Dragon Roost Island, the Rito Chieftain says that he and his fellow Rito want to help Link on his quest, but the Rito people are currently in a crisis. Since Valoo, the sky spirit, has unexpectedly grown violent and unpredictable, none of the new Rito can approach him to acquire the scale needed for them to grow wings. This has the potential to harm the tribe, so the Chieftain must attend to this issue before he can assist Link. The Chieftain asks that Link talk to his son and convince him to be brave throughout the crisis and in getting his scale. Unfortunately, Prince Komali refuses to talk to Link until he has cleared Dragon Roost Cavern, so Link is unable to aid the Chieftain without first helping Valoo.
He is always accompanied by his bodyguards Skett and Akoot.
|The Rito Chieftain (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
The Rito Chieftain
|Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island|
Head of the Rito tribe
The chieftain is a very gifted leader who is adored by his people. Due to his position, he must be strict with his relations, but as with any father, he worries about his son.
- The Rito Chieftain is the only Rito who does not have visibly red eyes.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Grand chef (TWWHD)||Great chief|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The Chieftain is a very gifted leader who is adored by his people. Due to his position, he must be strict with his relations, but as with any father, he worries about his son." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "The Rito Chieftain" — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "A troubling tale, indeed... I insist that you let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. We shall do everything in our power to assist you. However, in the meantime, we have a problem of our own to deal with..." — Rito Chieftain (The Wind Waker)
- "As you can see, we of the Rito tribe are profoundly connected to the sky. We make our livings on the airways. We do so by the graces of the sky spirit, Valoo. When a Rito reaches adulthood, he or she journeys to the top of Dragon Roost to receive a scale from the great dragon. It is this scale that enables the Rito to grow his or her wings." — Rito Chieftain (The Wind Waker)
- "Recently, however, the once-gentle Valoo has grown violent and unpredictable. Sadly, we can no longer approach him. If this continues, the fledglings who are of age will never be able to receive scales from Valoo on Dragon Roost. They will remain wingless, and in time, our very way of life will be threatened." — Rito Chieftain (The Wind Waker)
- "As chieftain of the Rito, my first responsibility is to solve this problem. My apologies, but I must ask you to wait for our assistance until this is done." — Rito Chieftain (The Wind Waker)
- "My son, Komali, is of the age to earn his wings... Yet...he is weak, in some ways...and in light of the current situation, he may just give up on ever getting them... What say you? Will you share some of your courage with my son?" — Rito Chieftain (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 259