|Rinu Honika Shrine|
The interior of the Rinu Honika Shrine
Entrance to the Shrine
To access the Shrine, Link must safely fall through the ring of light. This can be accomplished by using Magnesis to lift a nearby steel crate on the shore and drop it in the center of the ring, allowing Link to glide into the ring without falling into the lava. After doing so, the Rinu Honika Shrine will rise from beneath the ground nearby. Upon entering the Shrine, Link is offered the trial by the Monk, Rinu Honika.
The Shrine features a winding walkway over lava that leds to the Monk, Rinu Honika, at the very end. Along the walkway are columns that continuously release streams of fire, requiring Link to maneuver around them or to otherwise partly eliminate the columns that the streams are mounted on. One column can be broken down by bombing the cracked block beneath its base, and another column by removing its steel block support by using Magnesis. This steel block can then be used to block the streams of fire ahead.
Link can also use the steel blocks to then cross a pool of lava and reach a Treasure Chest containing a Stone Smasher. Following the columns is a gateway barricaded by more fire streams. A second steel block that lies in the lava nearby can be used to stack with the first steel block, thereby creating a safe passage for Link to slip by unharmed.
At the final stretch of the walkway is a platform obstructed by multiple fire streams, serving as the final obstacle before the Monk. The platform can be manipulated using the nearby gyroscopic device. By tilting the platform's side upward, it is possible to glide over to the Monk.
It is possible to bypass all of the Shrine's fire obstacles by wearing the complete Flamebreaker Set, provided that its pieces have all been upgraded twice.
At the end of the Shrine, Link meets the Monk Rinu Honika, who commends his resourcefulness and rewards him with one of Rudania's Emblem. The Monk then tells Link to collect all three of Rudania's Emblems to reveal a new challenge.
If this is the first Shrine Link visits of the three in the "EX Champion Daruk's Song" Quest, the Monk tells Link that two Shrines remain. If it is the second Shrine he visits, the Monk will tell him that one remains. If it is the third and final Shrine he visits, the Monk will tell him to go to Divine Beast Vah Rudania.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Rinu Honika Shrine
Block the Blaze" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do ya know why Champion Daruk chose this place to train, brother? ...Neither do we! But us Goron Blood Brothers are gonna find out by completing the training ourselves!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "You see that glowing ring in the lava? Think of it as a target, and..." — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "stand on the lava, brother!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Rinu Honika. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Rinu Honika (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of the hero. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this gift... Rudania's Emblem." — Rinu Honika (Breath of the Wild)
- "Collect three emblems to open the path to a new challenge." — Rinu Honika (Breath of the Wild)
- "Two remain..." — Rinu Honika (Breath of the Wild)
- "One remains..." — Rinu Honika (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that you have collected three emblems, you must go to Divine Beast Vah Rudania..." — Rinu Honika (Breath of the Wild)