- "Good luck sealing the darkness!"
- — Revali
Revali (リーバル Rībaru?) is a character in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. He is a member of the Rito tribe and a major character. Revali is also the Rito Champion and one of Link's allies, though he has an apparent rivalry with the Hylian. He wears the same blue cloth as Daruk, Urbosa and Mipha, symbolizing him being a fellow champion. This blue cloth is similar to the blue shirts worn by Link and Zelda.
Revali is voiced by Sean Chiplock in the English version of the game.
Prior to the events of the game, Revali lived in Rito Village with the other members of his race. Although naturally gifted at flying and using a bow, he pushed himself to great extremes to try and better himself throughout his life, often injuring himself in the process. To the world Revali presented a confident exterior, however, it was said that he kept his true emotions hidden, and was actually insecure about his abilities. It is suggested by The Diary of Revali and the memory Champion Revali's Song that Revali felt a great need to prove himself to the world and relied heavily on the praises of others to feel good about himself.
When King Rhoam and Princess Zelda came searching for aid from the Rito people, Revali agreed to help and was chosen to become the Rito Champion, a protector of Hyrule and the pilot of the Divine Beast Vah Medoh. According to Zelda's Research Notes, he was able to wield his Divine Beast with relative ease. However, despite this honor, Revali was frustrated; he had wanted to be the main hero like Link, not a supporting fighter. Regardless, Revali was killed by Windblight Ganon during the Great Calamity. His spirit was then trapped within the corrupt Divine Beast, only being freed a century later when Link slew the demon inside the machine. Revali then gives Link use of his ability Revali's Gale as thanks. As Vah Medoh fires a laser towards Hyrule Castle to weaken Calamity Ganon, Revali swallows his pride and admits Link is the better man (although he attributed it to the Hylian's luck rather than his skill), succeeding where he has failed.
Revali was a skilled flier and talented archer while alive, capable of great aerial feats. Apparently his gift with the bow was unrivaled by other members of his race at the time. He wielded the Great Eagle Bow, implying that he had great strength despite his light frame.
Revali is very prideful and arrogant, believing himself to be superior to Link in every way, to the point he enviously thought he should be the Hero and not Link. He also comes across as rather flamboyant and over dramatic in his speeches, though he means well. Revali uses his confident exterior to hide his insecurity about himself. Like the other Champions, Revali is also completely devoted to his goal of stopping Calamity Ganon, his sense of duty superseding his vanity that despite his feelings, he sets aside in light of the bigger picture.
However, at the same time, it was revealed in Revali's private journal that Revali attempted to approach Link as a friend. However, the Hylian knight's cold and aloof demeanor angered Revali, causing Revali to see Link as an arrogant person that he aimed to surpass in order to teach a lesson.
- Sean Chiplock in English, known for playing Teba and the Great Deku Tree in the same game as well as a large amount of Anime characters in the English dubs.
- Noboru Yamaguchi in Japanese, known for playing Ukobach in the original version of Blue Exorcist, Stretch in the Japanese dub of "The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper", Ishii in the original version of "Eden of the East", "Oh" in the Japanese dub of "Home" and Spectre in the Japanese release of "Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City".
- Enzo Fortuny in Spanish, who plays Arnold in the Spanish dub of "Hey, Arnold!" and the movie of said show, Arnold Perlstein in the Spanish version of "The Magic School Bus", Lance in the Spanish dub of "Pokemon" as well as several others from that series, Artie in the Spanish dub of "Shrek the Third" and Sid in the Spanish dub of "Toy Story".
- Dirk Petrick in German, who is known for playing Gorgonzola in the German dub of "Chowder", Blooregard Q. Kazoo in the German dub of "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends", Bren in the German dub of "Monsuno", Snips and Film Skim in the German dub of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", Rung Ladderton in the German dub of "Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc." and Bobby the Dik-Dik in the German dub of "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa".
- Massimo Di Benedetto in Italian, who plays Bear in the Italian dub of "Franklin" and "Franklin and Friends", Russel Tringham in the Italian dub of "Fullmetal Alchemist", Bling-Bling Boy in the Italian dub of "Johnny Test", Rock Lee in the Italian dub of "Naruto", Vincent in the Italian dub of "Pokemon Chronicles" and Arnold in the Italian dub of "Hey, Arnold!: The Movie"
- Hervé Grull in French, known for Buhdeuce in the French dub of Breadwinners, Diddy Kong in the French dub of the "Donkey Kong Country" cartoon, Arnold in the French dub of "Hey, Arnold!", Korkie in the French dub of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", Beast Boy in the French dub of "Teen Titans" and it's reboot, Casper in the French dub of "Casper" and "Casper: A Spirited Beginning", the Albino Pirate in the French dub of "The Pirates! Band of Misfits", Ernie Macmillan and Terry Boot in the French version of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: The Video Game" and Silver the Hedgehog in the French release of "Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games" and "Sonic Generations".
- Nikolay Bystrov in Russian, who is simply known for "Prikoly Na Peremenke. Novaya Shkola" as Andrey and an extra in "Za Kulisami".