Location and Uses
The Minish Cap
Link can obtain Remote Bombs from Belari as an upgrade to his Bombs. This can be done after obtaining Bombs and Fusing Kinstones with Gentari, the Minish elder. After being set, Remote Bombs can only be detonated manually when the button to which they are assigned is pressed again. Because of this, it is impossible to set two Remote Bombs at the same time. Belari can trade the Remote Bombs back for regular Bombs if Link speaks to him again. When Link has the Remote Bombs, he will obtain these items the same way as the Bombs.
Breath of the Wild
The Remote Bomb is a Rune for Link's Sheikah Slate that he obtains in the Ja Baij Shrine on the Great Plateau. The Rune allows Link to create spherical or cube-shaped Bombs that are detonated manually at the press of the L-button. Remote Bombs can also be detonated if shot with a projectile, such as an Arrow from Link or an enemy. After a Remote Bomb is detonated, it must recharge before Link can use another Remote Bomb.
As the Remote Bombs are created by the Sheikah Slate, Link is no longer required to carry a reserve of ammunition in order to use the Rune. Like Bombs in other games, the Remote Bomb Rune can be used to damage enemies and blast away certain obstacles, such as cracked rocks. Spherical Remote Bombs effortlessly roll down slopes and move by other forces, such as wind, while cube-shaped Remote Bombs are less susceptible to moving. The spherical and cube-shaped Remote Bombs can be used simultaneously and independently, each with their own cooldown timers.
Link can drop Remote Bombs below him while he is Paragliding. Remote Bombs of either type will float if placed in water, or Link can also attach Octo Balloons to the Remote Bombs to make them float in the air. Enemies can also kick or pick up and throw the Remote Bombs that Link places. Remote Bombs normally deal 12 damage with a six second cool down. After being upgraded to the Remote Bomb +, they deal 24 damage with a three second cool down. The blast radius does not change upon upgrading.
The blast will damage Link if he's not careful, although he will not be harmed if there is something solid (such as a wall) between him and the Bomb.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
The Remote Bomb serves as Link's down special move in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, as part of Link using his Breath of the Wild incarnation. While it can be used for attack as tradition, Link can use the Remote Bomb to either combo off of strategic dropping of the Remote Bomb or use it as a way to blast himself back to stage. As he still takes damage from the bomb, Link can have it be used against him, either by simply being unluckily/unskillfully blasting himself towards the blast zone, or an opponent taking advantage of the Remote Bomb and damaging it back into Link's face for a kill.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
In Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Remote Bomb is used as a combat ability used by all Warriors. Located on the R Button wheel along with its sibling Runes and tied to the Y Button while holding R, Remote Bombs can be used in a variety of ways, primarily combat support.
When it is prompted, Remote Bomb is used to counter a monster preparing an attack (mainly any of the Wizzrobes or Taluses) or if they are preparing a turtling tactic, as the explosion from the bombs will disrupt them and damage/expose their Weak Point Gauge, stunning them in the process.
Once Remote Bomb is used, it puts the entire R Button wheel on a cooldown for every playable Warrior that is on the field, so the cooldown cannot be circumvented by switching characters. Completing the "Explosive Endeavours" Quest and the postgame-exclusive Quest "Strange and Unusual Monsters" lowers the cooldown after using Remote Bombs.
As Zelda's first weapon class is Sheikah Slates, Remote Bomb is incorporated into her moveset. As it still counts as Remote Bombs without using the actual Remote Bomb prompt by using the R Button, Zelda's entire Strong III Combo strings can be used in place of a Remote Bomb counter.
|Y Y X||Can used to substitute for Bomb counter prompt|
|Y Y X X||Can used to substitute for Bomb counter prompt|
|Y Y X X X||Can used to substitute for Bomb counter prompt|
All of the Warriors in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity have their unique spin on using the Remote Bomb Rune power:
- Link: Link aims while throwing a series of four Remote Bombs at a time, with the toss of the fourth being slightly delayed. It cannot be angled upwards in any significant manner.
- Impa: Impa has a mini cyclone brew at the feet of the target while she does an about-face and sits in a seiza position (any clones she has will mirror her sitting position) while she goes through some hand seals. The Remote Bomb is then fired upwards like a firecracker.
- Zelda: How Zelda uses Remote Bomb depends on her equipped weapon:
- Sheikah Slate: Zelda makes a three legged spider-like construct that is controllable that is continuously spitting Remote Bombs from the top, until eventually detonating as well.
- Bow of Light: Zelda throws her right arm in a fanning manner away from her body, sending several Remote Bombs flying from the motion.
- Mipha: Mipha tosses a single Remote Bomb into the air, resulting in multiple Remote Bombs falling back down, with the last few Remote Bombs having a bigger blast.
- Daruk: Daruk whips out a gigantic Remote Bomb and throws it forward with a overhead toss, breaking up into 6 smaller Remote Bombs upon hitting something, scattering around from the hit.
- Revali: Revali lays out a series of Remote Bombs, then sends them flying forwards with his Gale. While flying on his Gale, the deployment to detonation is much faster.
- Urbosa: Urbosa takes off in a run with a Remote Bomb in hand, then has it roll ahead of her, allowing her to gain airtime from its detonation and to potentially paraglide off of it.
- Hestu: Hestu throws three consecutive Remote Bombs. After enhancing his Korok summoning ability in the postgame, a gaggle of Koroks assist by throwing their own Remote Bombs.
- Sidon: Sidon bats a series of Remote Bombs like baseballs with his weapon. Much like Sidon's enhanceable Strong attack system, timing is key when using his Remote Bomb.
- Yunobo: Yunobo aims a line of Remote Bombs, then places them and rolls over the Remote Bomb that is closest to him, which detonates the entire line.
- Teba: Teba creates a bow construct, aiming what amounts to a Bomb Arrow, then lets it fly, detonating multiple times on the target among contact.
- Riju: Much like Urbosa, Riju takes out a Remote Bomb and tosses it forward as Patricia dives underground. She then divekicks it, sending Gerudo and Sand Seal into the air to potentially paraglide off of it.
- Master Kohga: Kohga slams his fist on the ground, sending out a plethora of Remote Bombs, as he then clasps his hands into a hand seal and points it upwards into the air.
- King Rhoam: Rhoam takes out a large Remote Bomb, then throws it one handed at the target, scattering smaller Remote Bombs upon contact.
- Great Fairies: The Fairies dive into their flower, and shoots out a stream of Remote Bombs.
- Monk Maz Koshia: Monk Maz creates a intricate array with a Remote Bomb in the center, which explodes in a spectacular fashion.
- Terrako: Terrako fires four Remote Bombs in front of him, then detonates them all with a laser.
- Calamity Ganon: Calamity Ganon expels five Remote Bombs, then forces them forwards.
- In Breath of the Wild, a Glitch can be done using Remote Bombs wherein one can catapult Link by forcing one Bomb to be launched into his back, causing him to fly in that direction at extreme speeds. This is called a Bomb-Impact Launch (BIL), or Wind-Bomb, and is used liberally as a method of high-speed travel by speedrunners.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||リモコンバクダン (Rimokon Bakudan)||Remote Control Bomb|
|FrenchEU||Bombe à distance|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "At last, it's complete! The Remote Bomb! It blows up whenever you want! If you ever need normal bombs again, just trade me back for them." — Belari (The Minish Cap)
- "Remote Bomb
A bomb that can be detonated remotely.
The force of the blast can be used to damage monsters or destroy objects. There are both round and cube bombs, so use whichever best fits the situation." — Runes (Breath of the Wild)