Rem's Shoe Store
|Rem's Shoe Store|
The interior of Rem's Shoe Store
Features and Overview
Located in Hyrule Town, Rem's Shoe Store is owned by Rem, a shoe-maker that is always falling asleep on his job. Due to this, the Minish are usually the ones that make shoes while Rem is asleep, making him think that he works while he sleeps.
Since Link cannot get across Castor Wilds without the Pegasus Boots, he must visit Rem's Shoe Store and ask Rem to make a pair for him. The Minish mention that they just finished making a pair of Pegasus Boots, but since Rem is the only one who can put the finishing touches on the shoes, Link must find a way to wake him up. As such, the Minish tell him where to find the Wake-Up Mushroom, located in Syrup the Witch's Hut deep in the Minish Woods. Once Link obtains the Wake-Up Mushroom and uses it in front of Rem, the shoe-maker thanks him for waking him by giving Link the Pegasus Boots for free.
One of the three Minish on Rem's desk will recognize Link as the one who brought the Picori Blade to Melari and states that he would like to go on a quest, but laments that he must make shoes for Rem.
- The Minish living in Rem's shop are likely a reference to the famous Grimm's fairytale of The Elves and the Shoemaker.
- The three Minish in Rem's Shoe Store have recurring verbal quirks whenever they speak. One begins by saying, "Hey, hey!" while the other two say, "Ho, ho!" and, "Ha, ha!" respectively.
- "The proprietor of Rem's Shoe Store." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Whuzza?! Oh, welcome! Welcome to Rem's Shoe Shop!" — Rem (The Minish Cap)
- "Rem / The proprietor of Rem's Shoe Store." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Lately, whenever I take a nap, all my shoes are done when I wake up! You know, if I can make shoes in my sleep, I must be in the right job!" — Rem (The Minish Cap)
- "Ho, ho! You need Pegasus Boots? Why, you're just in time! We made a pair just now while Rem was sleeping. But only Rem can put the finishing touches on them..." — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Huh? What now?! There are more new shoes! You probably won't believe this, but... I have a strange habit of making shoes in my sleep!" — Rem (The Minish Cap)
- "Hey, hey! Rem has some other urgent business he should be working on... So please, wake him up as soon as you can! Time's a-wastin'!" — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Ha, ha! That sleepyhead Rem is nearly impossible to wake up... If you want to wake him, you'll need to get an item from Syrup's hut. It's a little bit of a trek, but we'll mark it on your map for you." — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Ho, ho! We've done all we can with these shoes. You'll need to go to Syrup's hut so Rem can put on the finishing touches." — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Ha, ha! Syrup's hut is north of the Minish Woods. Just check your map." — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Whaa--! What is that terrifyingly bad smell!? A wake-up mushroom?! I should have guessed! So you woke me up? Thanks, I just remembered I have something urgent to do! [...] So you must have come here because you want some of my shoes, right? Tell you what: because you were nice enough to wake me, you can have 'em! Hold on a sec, though. I just want to finish one last bit..." — Rem (The Minish Cap)
- "Hey, hey! You're Link, right? You're the one who brought the sword to Master Melari! You're on a quest to help the princess, aren't you? I wish I could go on a quest, but then who'd make Rem's shoes for him?" — Minish (The Minish Cap)