Location and Uses
If Link speaks to Bertie in the Skyloft Bazaar, he will tell him to come to his house at night. If Link speaks to him again at night, he tells him that a bird has stolen his baby's Rattle, and wishes that someone would find it.
To retrieve it, Link must Clawshots his way onto the floating islands near the Waterfall Cave until he reaches one with a large pool of Water. From there, he must dive down onto the bird's nest on a small windmill and use the Gust Bellows to uncover the Rattle. Once Link returns the Rattle, Bertie will reward him with five Gratitude Crystals.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Rassel (SS)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- It is possible to retrieve the Rattle without the Clawshots. If Link stops Beedle's Airshop close to the Rattle, he can climb up and retrieve it using the Gust Bellows and Hook Beetle. Link must first use the Hook Beetle to collect the Rupees, allowing him to use the Gust Bellows to blow the dust off the Rattle without the Rupees obstructing him. He can then use the Hook Beetle once more to retrieve the exposed Rattle. However, because the Side Quest would not be available at this time, Link cannot hand the Rattle to Bertie until after obtaining the Clawshots.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 135
- "You'll have to forgive me. I'm a little too busy right now. Do you think...you could come by my house later? I'll be there tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience... Hope to see you later." — Bertie (Skyward Sword)
- "If we had the you know what, then the baby would settle down. But we lost it the other day. A bird picked it up in its beak and flew off with it. Maybe the bird thought it was food. I don't know..." — Bertie (Skyward Sword)
- "Sigh... It sure would be nice if someone would find it for me." — Bertie (Skyward Sword)
- "Whew. The baby seems to have settled down nicely. I bet the baby will sleep well tonight. Oh! That means I'll finally get a good night's sleep too! Thank you so much! I won't forget what you did for me." — Bertie (Skyward Sword)