- Not to be confused with Pols Voice, the recurring rabbit-like enemy.
|Era(s)||Era of Decline|
Era of Hyrule's Rebirth
|Habitat(s)||Kingdom of Hyrule|
Animal Village (LA)
A Link to the Past
- Main article: Bunny Link
In Link's Awakening, Rabbits are found in the Animal Village. If Link speaks to them, they comment on various things such as how nice the day is, that they need a song from Marin, that a lazy Walrus is blocking the entrance to Yarna Desert, and that Mabe Village and the Animal Village are sister cities despite their small size. One of them also asks whether there is a Dream Shrine in Mabe Village. Another Rabbit says it cannot go to Mabe Village because of all the monsters and expresses concern for Marin's safety. When Link brings Marin to the Animal Village, the Rabbits jump up and down upon seeing her. After Marin's singing awakens the Walrus, a Rabbit says it is calling it as always. The Rabbits are next seen listening to Marin sing the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" to them and the other Animals.
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, a Rabbit listens to Nayru sing while singing along itself. The Rabbit and other animals are frightened away as Veran releases Impa in order to possess the oracle. After Link defeats Veran in the Black Tower, the curse set on Labrynna's people is lifted. Among the characters affected, three Rabbits are seen returning back to normal after being turned to stone.
Rabbits are collectible objects in Spirit Tracks. They can be seen hiding behind large Boulders while riding the Spirit Train throughout New Hyrule, or behind floating Barrels in the Ocean Realm, with only their ears visible. Sounding the Train Whistle will cause them to jump, confirming their location. In order to catch the Rabbits, Link must blast the object that they are hiding behind with the Cannon. He will then have ten seconds to capture the Rabbit using the Rabbit Net obtained from Bunnio while it hops around the screen in a random manner. If he fails in his attempt, he will have to return at a later time to try again.
In all, there are five different breeds of Rabbit, corresponding to the five Realms they inhabit. Ten Rabbits of each breed can be captured, making for a total of 50 Rabbits spread across New Hyrule. They are as follows:
- Grass Rabbits (Forest Realm)
- Snow Rabbits (Snow Realm)
- Ocean Rabbits (Ocean Realm)
- Mountain Rabbits (Fire Realm)
- Desert Rabbits (Sand Realm)
Once Link manages to capture a Rabbit, he can take it to Bunnio, owner of the Rabbitland Rescue, for a small reward. Bunnio's goal is to take care of all the stray Rabbits in Hyrule. The rescued Rabbits are then left to frolic in an area of the Rabbitland Rescue corresponding to their Realm of origin. When Link catches and brings in a total of five Rabbits of any variety, Bunnio will give him a Heart Container. When Link captures ten Rabbits in total, or at least one Rabbit of each breed, he will be given a random Treasure. If he is able to catch all 50 Rabbits, he will be rewarded with the first Swordsman's Scroll.
Breath of the Wild
Rabbits also appear as the design of the Hunter's Shield.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ウサギ (Usagi) (LA)|
うさぎ (Usagi) (LANS)
|German||Karnickel (LA | LANS)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 63 (Series)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 29
- "Ahhh... Sigh... On such a nice day, we need a song from Marin! " — Rabbit (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Yarna Desert? There's a way to get there to the south, but you might not be able to get through if that lazy walrus is in the way!" — Rabbit (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hey! Did ya know Animal Village and Mabe Village are sister cities? Yes, even though they aren't large enough to be called cities... Anyway, I heard from a very good source that they have a Dream Shrine in Mabe, and that it has something good inside... Is that true? " — Rabbit (Link's Awakening DX)
- "I can't go to Mabe Village because of all the monsters. I hope Marin is all right. " — Rabbit (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hunh? Oh, he's calling me... It's the same as always... Ha ha!" — Rabbit (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Oh, Link . I often come to this village to sing, too! It seems that just about everyone loves my 'Ballad of the Wind Fish!' Link , what is your favorite song? " — Marin (Link's Awakening DX)
- "I bet with those long ears you can hear the voices... Oh, these are genuine rabbit ears from the animal of legend! I don't care how expensive it is! Please sell it to me!" — Running Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "La la li li la La Li li la" — Rabbit (Oracle of Ages)
- "OK, I'm convinced. If you want to join the Rabbitland family, you'll need this!" — Bunnio (Spirit Tracks)
- "You got the rabbit net! Try using it while you're riding the train!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Welcome to Rabbitland Rescue, a haven for rabbits and their furless friends. There are millions of poor rabbits without a home or human companionship. Here at Rabbitland Rescue, we save these bunnies from the harsh wilderness... And provide them with much-needed frolicking." — Bunnio (Spirit Tracks)
- "Goodness! You've caught at least five more rabbits already? Then here's that amazing prize I promised you!" — Bunnio (Spirit Tracks)
- "You got a Heart Container! You increased your life by one and refilled your hearts!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "If you can bring me 10 bunnies from the grass, you get a prize!" — Bunnio (Spirit Tracks)
- "Ooh! It looks like you've managed to catch every variety of rabbit out there. I guess it's time for me to give you that wonderful present I promised!" — Bunnio (Spirit Tracks)
- "Wow! Just...wow! You've collected every rabbit out there. I'm speechless... You've more than earned it, so here it is, the neatest present EVER!" — Bunnio (Spirit Tracks)
- "You got a Swordman's Scroll! Memories of veteran swordsmen flow through it. You can now send shock waves with your sword, Link! Swing your sword to send a powerful shock wave surging out!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Shh! Hold back! We're surrounded." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 21)
- "Go back. Go back. Go back." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 22)
- "We mean no harm. Princess Zelda sent us here to find Nayru." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 23)
- "He can speak to us. His ears are pointed. He's a Hylian. A Hylian of the old blood!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 23)
- "What's wrong, Nayru? Sing some more." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 24)