Queen of Labrynna
It uses overly elaborate and dramatized wording or has excessive plot elements not immediately relevant to the subject.
To meet Zelda Wiki's quality standards, it must be rewritten in a more encyclopedic manner.
If necessary, please discuss this on this article's.
Back when Lynna City was merely a Village, Ambi was the ruling Queen of Labrynna. She was known by her subjects as a fair and just ruler, until the day Veran, in the guise of Nayru, appeared with her sinister plan.
The Fall of the Queen
The very same day in which Veran arrived, she seduced Queen Ambi, convincing her that if she built her tower, then known as Ambi's Tower, to the heavens, she would go down in history as the greatest queen ever. Falling for Veran's persuading lies, Ambi decreed every man in Lynna Village was to go to work and build her tower, with the secret help of the endless day Veran could create, using the powers of Nayru. Knowing her control over Queen Ambi, Veran had Ambi send those closest to her away, so that there was no chance of a power loss.
As Veran learnt of the Mystery Seeds which grew in the past, she used her influence to convince Ambi to offer a reward to the person who brought her the seeds. Ambi did so, and it wasn't long before Link himself brought the Mystery Seeds to Queen Ambi. This meeting would be the only one that she and Link would have, before Link's rescue of Nayru. Rewarding Link with Bombs, Queen Ambi almost immediately sent Link away again.
Possession of Queen Ambi
It was only later, when Ambi left the palace for unspecified reasons (presumably to inspect the construction of the Black Tower), that Link would attempt to rescue Nayru. By the time Ambi returned, Nayru had recently been freed. However, Veran was far from defeated, and immediately possessed the body of Queen Ambi. After failing to capture Nayru, Link and Ralph, Veran, using Queen Ambi's influence, now pushed the town harder than ever before, to get what was now called the Black Tower complete. As the tower reached completion, Veran was able to use Ambi's body now to control time, although to a slightly lesser extent than Nayru.
A Reliquished Queen
Before Link could arrive to face Veran, Ralph came, prepared to kill his ancestor and sacrifice himself for the good of Labrynna. However, he was easily overwhelmed, just as Link arrived, possibly saving his life. After a brief fight, Veran was defeated, and Ambi was freed, immediately fleeing before the next phase.
After the lengthy battle with the rest of Veran's forms, Link, Nayru and Ralph left the Black Tower behind, only to come face-to-face with Ambi and a group of her knights. However, Ambi reveals that she had not come to fight, but to help free Link, and fight Veran.
After Link, Nayru and Ralph returned to the present, they were shocked to see a statue of Link not only near the Maku Tree, but in the middle of Lynna City as well, built by order of Queen Ambi, who had returned to being a kind queen, beloved by her people.
The Captain and the Queen
In a linked Oracle of Seasons, Ambi can be found in Holodrum, sent on a journey by Nayru to see other times and locations. Link can find her at the Sunken City and the Eastern Coast near the entrance to the Samasa Desert. She is quite taken with the Sunken City, and ponders making her palace sunken as well.
Upon Link returning the Pirate's Bell to him, Ambi arrives at the quarters in Subrosia and it is revealed the pirate Cap'n is her long lost lover. Though they are happy to be reunited after so many years, Ambi understands he is a man of the sea and cannot stay with her, but vows to always wait for his return.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||アンビ女王 (Anbi Joou)||Queen Ambi|
- "Queen Ambi seems like a different person now. She always seems nervous." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 254(OoA)
- "Why, Link! What brings you here? I asked Nayru to send me on an eye- opening journey to different lands and different ages! Traveling alone is difficult, but it is one of a queen's many roles. However... This Holodrum is a strange place. The seasons here are so fickle. It must surely bring hardship to the people... " — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Seasons)
- "But isn't Sunken City so elegant? Perhaps I shall make my palace sunken, too!" — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Ambi??? Nay, 'tis I that must be dreamin'!!! I never thought we'd meet again after so long! Even now, when I think of our parting, it pains my heart. Though many years 'ave gone by since then, you are as beautiful as ever... Ambi... I would stay 'ere with you if I could, but...sniff! Oh, Ambi!" — Cap'n (Oracle of Ages)
- "You need not explain--I understand. You are a seafaring man and cannot live your life on land... So I shall be your port of call, waiting always for your return!" — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Queen Ambi suddenly decided to build a tower that reaches all the way to heaven. She's pressed all the men in Labrynna into service." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 47)
- "Well done, Sir Raven! Quelling rebellion and protecting construction of the tower is the same as guarding me. You have my praise." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 59)
- "The deserter with the green hat... should be put to death immediately. Not only did he refuse to serve his country... he also spat vile insults about you. That's high treason. He can't be allowed to live." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 60)
- "Pardon, M'lady... but he is just a child. Surely a lesser punishment will suffice." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 60)
- "... As a bodyguard, Sir Raven, isn't it presumptuous to speak so boldy?" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 60)
- "He threatens our tower?! Oh! It cannot be! Have the child killed at once!!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 61)
- "Queen Ambi... when your tower reaches heaven... it will not only show the world Labrynna's power... it will carve your name in the annuals of history - forever!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 61)
- "Nayru, the Oracle of Ages, has promised me the future! Waste no time! The tower must go up! Women, children... everyone must work without rest!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 61)
- "Execute him!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 141)
- "Your Highness, I have something for you." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 144)
- "I met a sailor who used to be a knight. He said I should tell you... that he will love you for all eternity." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 144)
- "The tower... I built it so that no matter where in the world he was... he might see it... and never forget me." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 144)
- "Now that I understand how he feels... I don't need this tower." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 145)
- "Both are canceled. I have been a poor queen, never noticing how Nayru took advantage of my foolish heart... and caused my subjects great suffering. You, young sir, have opened my eyes and have... our eternal thanks." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 145)
- "Veran... possessing the queen?!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 146)
- "Stop loafing, guards! Seize them!!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 146)
- "Link, this is a young Mystery Tree. It will grow Mystery Seeds." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 154)
- "Ralph is a noble... from Labrynna! Queen Ambi is his direct ancestor." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 156)
- "The pain! Someone get this seed off me!" ( (VIZ Media) pg. 161)
- "Raven! Get Queen Ambi to safety!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 165)
- "I've brought my army to assist you, Link!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 184)
- "Raven, please accept my apology. Will you stay in the Labrynna awhile and held us...as a knight of the realm?" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 187)
- "Today, Labrynna is born anew. Let us make it a country where everyone can be happy!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 188)
- "Hurray! Hurray for Queen Ambi!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 188)
- "Queen Ambi, we must be going." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 188)
- "... To see you leave... gives us great sorrow." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 188)