Breath of the Wild
Purah is the director of the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab, where she works with her assistant Symin. Her research and experimentation with an anti-aging Rune caused her to grow younger. Though she appears as a young girl, she is around 124 years old. She is the older sister of Impa and the oldest Sheikah alive, save for Monk Maz Koshia.
When first approached by Link, she gives him a greeting and asks if he has come for the director of the Lab. If he says yes, she claims that Symin is the director and asks Link not to bother him long. She does take a moment to notice that Link appears to be a traveler on an adventure. Should Link say that he'd spoken to the director, she pretends to be pleased and hopes that he remembers the Lab fondly.
Once Link has been informed of her true identity, she confirms it. Purah asks him about any dreams he may have had during his Slumber of Restoration, calling him "Linky" and pointing out that he has not changed. She is happy to see him well, but his blank look helps her realize that he no longer recognizes her. Purah reveals that she was the one to originally take Link to the Shrine of Resurrection. She asks Link again if he cannot remember her and his response prompts her to pull out a notebook to take notes. Purah admits that she does this often and asks Link if he has any questions.
Naturally, Link is confused by her appearance. At first, Purah claims his observation is rude, but realizes that he has a good point. She explains that it is due to a faulty experiment and asks him not to look into it in her Diary. She pushes the topic back to Calamity Ganon and Link's quest. Purah explains that she intends to help him by fixing the Sheikah Slate. If Link asks her to repeat what she said, Purah pulls out her notebook again to note it before telling him to pay attention. Should Link decide to refuse, Purah is at first annoyed, but then decides to give him the time to change his mind.
Once Link agrees to Purah's help, she asks him to run a quick errand. Link seems to give her an odd look and she asks if he thought she would help him for free. If Link admits that he did, she will take more notes. If he says he did not expect that, Purah decides that he is surprisingly considerate for his age. Purah explains the errand for him, stating that she requires their furnace lit to restore his Runes. She quietly wonders if people still use the same language that she does.
Once she gives Link his task, he may ask her about a number of things. Should he ask about the ancient furnace, she will tell him where it is located. Questioning her about the Blue Flame itself will prompt her to give him advice on how to get it back to Laboratory. If he asks her who she is, she gives her name again and uses her catchphrase. However, she realizes that Link is looking for her true age and shoots down any hope of getting it from her, telling him not to ask her too many questions about herself. Whenever she's done answering a question, Purah will ask if Link has any others for her. Purah will mention that there is a Torch nearby that Link can use in his task.
Link can actually light the furnace before ever speaking to Purah. As soon they speak, Purah makes it clear that she is surprised to see him. At first, she tries out her new catchphrase on him, but realizes this is not the time. She finally asks Link if he was the one to bring the Blue Flame up to the Lab. Once Link admits to being the culprit, Purah believes that he woke from his Slumber of Restoration in fairly good condition. Purah then introduces herself and reveals that she knows the Sheikah Slate is in need of repair. When Link confirms this, she is pleased that she predicted the issue, but informs the hero that she has a number of questions to ask first. She then moves into the usual dialogue.
Once this is completed, she will add the Camera Rune and the Sheikah Sensor to the Sheikah Slate. Purah then asks Link to take a picture of her. Link can ask her about the new Camera function. The director will tell him how Zelda had once used it and how to create an image with it, reminding him of her request for a self-portrait. Asking her about a picture will prompt Purah to define it for him, mentioning the Hyrule Compendium and advising him take as many pictures as possible. If he says he needs a moment to prepare the Camera, she tells him not to worry, but makes it clear she is looking forward to it.
When she sees the picture Link takes of her, Purah is very pleased with her appearance. For a moment, she is too overwhelmed to continue the conversation. Once she snaps out of it, Purah takes notice of Zelda's excessive use of the Camera and realizes that Link was likely with the Princess at each of the locations in the pictures. While Link's memory loss proves troublesome, she declares that the newly found photos may help him recover it. To this end, Purah sends the hero back to Impa in order to learn more. Before he sets out, the director asks him to return later with Ancient Materials, promising a reward for delivering them to either her or her companion in research, Robbie.
She believes Robbie is her subordinate, and hasn't seen him in 100 years despite being research companions. After the Calamity Robbie and Purah purposefully set up their labs in different places so that if one of them died the other would still be around to help Link when he awoke.
She will upgrade the Sheikah Sensor, Remote Bombs, and Stasis runes in exchange for 3 Ancient Screws, 3 Ancient Shafts, and 3 Ancient Cores, respectively.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- Most concept art shows Purah with brown eyes, the same as her sister and great niece. This was changed to red in the final version of Breath of the Wild.
Purah's name is derived from prune.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||プルア (Purua)||Anagram of アプル (Apuru), "apple".|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Director! Listen, Ms. Director!... As the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab director, Ms. Purah is the world's foremost authority on ancient Hyrule culture." — Symin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Eccentric Genius
Purah" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You may already know this, but although Impa looks a looooot older than me, she's actually my little sister." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Video Game)
Purah (English version, voice, uncredited)" — Kate Higgins, IMDb, retrieved October 7, 2020.
- "/ゼルダの伝説 ブレスオブザワイルド など！ よろしくお願いします！" — Ayano Shibuya, 渋谷彩乃, Twitter, retrieved October 7, 2020.
- "Purah" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "I now look and feel like a 6-year-old." — Purah's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion pg. 398
- Creating a Champion pg. 106
- "Good morning. This is the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab. Do you have some business with the director?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "The director is in the back. A terribly busy person, that one. Please try to keep it brief." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "A traveler, eh?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Judging by your equipment and that gleam in your eye... I'd say you must be in the midst of an epic journey." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, well. If your visit here today leaves you with fond memories of your journey, then I too, will be most pleased." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Heeeey! Are you surprised?! The director of this laboratory is NOT Symin. It's ME! Snappity snap!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anywaaay. Linky! Do you remember any dreams from your time in the Slumber of Restoration? You don't look like you've changed a bit in the last 100 years, but SOMETHING must have happened in all that time!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, no matter! I'm just happy you're still in one piece." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "...Linky? What's with that look? You do still remember me, right?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I remember...] Hmm... I heard the hesitation in your voice." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I don't remember.] Really?! Well! I'm so shocked I don't know if I'll ever be able to recover from this!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Even though, 100 years ago, I took you to the Shrine of Resurrection after Calamity Ganon fatally wounded you... Even though I was the one who put you safely into the Slumber of Restoration..." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... As expected. After 100 years in the Slumber of Restoration, subject...has...lost...all...memories. Noted!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, sooooorry... I have a bad habit of taking notes rather abruptly like that. It's a charming quirk, isn't it? Anyhoo... Do you have any questions for me?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Aren't you a child?] How very rude! Hm, or perhaps it's not rude at all... I suppose that's actually a rather logical conclusion to jump to." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "The truth is, I look this way because of a failed experiment. Well, I say "failed," but...in some ways, it was a success. I documented the full affair in my diary upstairs. BUT! The whole thing is embarrassing, so I insist you refrain from reading it!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anyway. Enough about that! Back to the topic at hand! Here you are, after 100 years! Here to defeat Calamity Ganon, who is growing in strength with every passing moment! And to rescue our beloved Princess Zelda! That is, if you've got the courage to try." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "And to help the one true hero, I, the one and only Purah, will restore the basic functions missing from the Sheikah Slate! Aaaand what do you say to thaaaat?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Once more?] Hmmm... I see, I see. Post-Slumber of Restoration, the subject's verbal comprehension skills have...somewhat...atrophied. Noted! This is the really important bit, so listen up!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, REALLY? Hmmm... Post Slumber of Restoration, subject has a tendency to give...uncomfortable...responses...to questions. Noted! Well, if you change your mind... You know where to find me." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "I knew you'd say that! All right, then. First I need you to run an errand for me." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "... What's with that look on your face? You didn't think I'd fix your Sheikah Slate for free, did you?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I did.] Hmmm... Post Slumber of Restoration, subject is plagued by...presumptuous...tendencies. Noted!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm. You're pretty considerate for a young person. But then...I suppose that's because you're actually over 100 years old!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let me explain what this errand entails. You know the unlit furnace on the wall just outside this laboratory? Could you please bring the blue flame from the ancient furnace in town? Oh, and also use it to light our furnace? This sweet little Guidance Stone will start working once you do that, allowing us to restore your missing runes!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "OK then. I'm counting on you for that blue flame!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huh... I wonder if young women these days still say things like "sweet" and "little." Ah, well. I suppose it doesn't matter anyway." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Ancient furnace?] You'll find the ancient furnace on the high ground behind Reede's house. As soon as you leave this laboratory, head left until you're at the cliff's edge. Then make use of your scope! You'll see a blue flame. That's the ancient furnace." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Blue flame makes it sound fancy, but it's really just the same as a regular flame. If it gets wet, that's that. It'll help to light the village lanterns you'll see on your way back here and to avoid steep inclines." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm Purah! Snappity snap!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? You weren't asking about my name? Oh, I get it. You want to know my age, don't you? Well, Linky, I must say... It's not polite to ask a young maiden such as myself her age! And also don't ask me why I know so many ancient terms! And ALSO don't ask about my diary upstairs!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do you have any other questions?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "When bringing back the blue flame from the ancient furnace, you may find it helpful to use a torch. There should be one at the entrance of this house. Feel free to use it." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Whaaaaa-?! Linky?! Is it really you?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Snappity... SNAP! No, no, no! Now is not the time for this... The Guidance Stone is suddenly working again, and now Linky has arrived..." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmmm... Say, Linky! Did you, by any chance, happen to light the furnace with a blue flame?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[That's true, but...] If you figured out how to do that without being told... You must've come out of the Slumber of Restoration in good shape!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! Yes, I forgot to introduce myself. I am the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab's distinguished director... ♪Purah!♪ Snappity snap! Ah, yes. It seems I spilled the beans all by myself about my role as the true director of this place. My apologies, Linky. It seems you have yet to fully grasp the specifics of the situation at hand. I'll just speak bluntly, how about? You were instructed by Impa to come here to have your Sheikah Slate repaired, correct?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Precisely.] ♪Called it!♪ And we'll get to that, but first I have some questions!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Aaaand...it's done! So?! Is it all fixed up now? Hmmm, lessee here... Which one is it... Camera, Hyrule Compendium, album... Yep, looks good!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "So, I know this is sudden, but hear me out. Take a picture of me with the Camera! Oh, and don't forget to lemme see it!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Snap! How's the picture taking going? Did you get a cute pic of me with the Camera?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Camera?] It's one of the Sheikah Slate runes, silly. Princess Zelda used it long ago. Use it the same way as Cryonis and the like. Just equip it and SNAP! Just like that! When you take a picture, you must be sure to center the subject. Got it? You can also use the zoom function if you want. Just make sure I look cute!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Pic?] A picture is an image that is a perfect likeness of its subject. All you need to create one is a Camera." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Pictures of animals and objects will be automatically registered in the Hyrule Compendium. In other words, you should basically go and take pictures of anything and everything!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[One moment.] It's fine, really. No need to stress. Just make sure you take a cute one of me! And soon!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I took one!] Oooh, I can't wait to see it! Lemme see, lemme see! Hm? My, who IS this beautiful young creature?" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "... Huh? Oh, I guess that's my cue! Sorry, I kind of lost it there. It wasn't on purpose." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmmm... Ah, it's not just a pretty girl in these images. Yes, there are also some old landscape photos stored in the album. I knew Princess Zelda had made frequent use of the Camera feature, but this... Hey, Linky! It dawns on me that you were Princess Zelda's appointed knight, which means... there's a strong possibility that you accompanied her to all of the places where these pictures where taken." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh...right. The “lost memory” thing could prove troublesome. But don't lose hope! It just means these pictures could be the missing piece to help restore your lost memories!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "If my hunch is correct, I suggest you check in with Impa. She knows more about Princess Zelda than even I do!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "... Oh, yeah! There's just one more thing I need from you! You don't have to worry about this until after you see Impa, but I want you to bring me back some ancient materials!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Bring them either to me or to Robbie at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. As if my joy weren't enough, if you bring us ancient materials, we'll give you something good as a reward. All right! Let's do this!" — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "Robbie is my subordinate. There, I said it." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "I think he's still up on the edge of Akkala researching Guardians... Haven't seen him in 100 years, though. So who knows." — Purah (Breath of the Wild)
- "All three of us couldn't stay together, of course. We couldn't risk Calamity Ganon getting all of us in one strike. If that happened, there'd be no one left to deliver Princess Zelda's message to Link when he recovered and woke up... We had to ensure at least one of us would be able to talk to him." — Robbie's Memoirs (Breath of the Wild)