The Potion Shop from Skyward Sword
Features and Overview
Ocarina of Time
There are two Potion Shops in Ocarina of Time. One Potion Shop is located in the Market, while the other Potion Shop, also known as Granny's Potion Shop, is located in Kakariko Village. The Market Potion Shop offers a wider variety of goods for sale, though it only carries Red Potions and Green Potions. Inside the Market Potion Shop, an old man will tell Link of a rumor of another Potion Shop that sells superior Blue Potions. After Ganondorf destroys Castle Town, the Market Potion Shop moves across from the Bazaar to the empty building near the Death Mountain Trail. After having moved locations, the owner of the Potion Shop will inform Link that there is a second Potion Shop that can be accessed through the door to his side. This pathway is notably blocked by a Carpenter while Link is a child. The Potion Shop remains closed at night in both of its locations.
Granny's Potion Shop in Kakariko Village is operated by Granny, though as she is away on an expedition, it is impossible to enter while Link is a child. Once Link returns to Kakariko Village as an adult, he can enter Granny's Potion Shop and purchase Blue Potions from her. Unlike the other Potion Shop, Granny's Potion Shop will remain open at night. After receiving the Odd Mushroom from the Master Craftsman's Son in the Lost Woods, Link can take it to Granny inside her Potion Shop. She will then reduce it down to an Odd Poultice for free and urge Link to return it to him. However, she also cautions Link that the Poultice won't work on monsters, implying that it may be too late for it to be of any use to him.
Wares and Pricing
The Potion Shop is one of the stalls located in Skyloft's Bazaar in Skyward Sword. At the Potion Shop, Link can buy Potions that Luv has made. When Link talks to Luv for the first time, she will give him an Empty Bottle so that he can purchase her Potions. The Potion Shop is located right beside the Infusion Shop, operated by Luv's husband, Bertie.
Wares and Pricing
Cadence of Hyrule
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Trankladen (SS)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Potion Shop" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 115 (SS)
- "Granny's Potion Shop
Gone for field study.
Please come again!
—Granny" — Sign (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "You got an Odd Mushroom! A fresh mushroom like this is sure to spoil quickly! Take it to the Kakariko Potion Shop. Hurry! The location is marked with on the Map subscreen. What are you waiting for?" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "There's a rumor going around that there is a potion shop that can make the ultimate medicine!" — Hylian (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "An old witch runs the Potion Shop behind this one. You can get to that shop through the door to the left of the counter." — Hylian (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Potion Shop
Closed Until Morning" — Sign (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Cojiro? Why? Normally only a nice guy like me can tame you... Which means... You... You must be a nice guy! Must be! You must be! Please, Mr. Nice Guy! Please! Deliver this to the old hag in the potion shop in Kakariko Village! This will disappear if you take too long, so you gotta hurry!" — Master Craftsman's Son (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "That fool! He had to go into the forest. ...I see. Hey, give it to me now!" — Granny (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "If you see that fool, give this to him. It is the strongest medicine I have ever produced. However, this poultice will not work on a monster..." — Granny (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "I heard that our boss's house is just behind this house. He doesn't want any of us to know, though." — Carpenter (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "I can't sell you a potion if you don't have an Empty Bottle to pour it into! For some reason, I like you, though, so I'll give you a spare Empty Bottle I've been keeping here in the stall! Oh, it's nothing. It's my little gift." — Luv (Skyward Sword)