Features and Overview
Ploymus Mountain is a mountain in the Lanayru Great Spring which overlooks the East Reservoir Lake. It is inhabited by a lone Lynel, which has caused issues with the residents of Zora's Domain due to its tendency to loose Shock Arrows. In order to stop the flow of water coming from Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Sidon instructs Link to go to Ploymus Mountain and collect any stray Shock Arrows that the Lynel has shot. At Ploymus Mountain, Link can find several Shock Arrows stuck to the bark of Trees. Ploymus Mountain is one of the locations that is affected by the constant Rain generated by Divine Beast Vah Ruta.
Ploymus Mountain is also where the Zora, Laflat, directs Link in search of a Picture of a red-maned Lynel as part of the "Lynel Safari" Side Quest. During the "EX Champion Mipha's Song" Main Quest from The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack, Ploymus Mountain is where the Mah Eliya Shrine rises from the ground after completing one of the Trials which requires Link to ascend the waterfalls at Mikau Lake and Lulu Lake.
- The Lynel atop Ploymus Mountain will always remain a standard Lynel, even in Master Mode. This is so that it is always possible to complete the "Lynel Safari" Side Quest.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||雷獣山 (Raijū San)||Thunder Beast Mountain|
Raijū is likely a reference to the eponymous Yōkai in Shinto myth.
|SpanishLA||Monte Trueno||Thunder Mountain|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Ploymus Mountain" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "That tall mountain over yonder... It is called Ploymus Mountain, and there you will also find Shatterback Point. A terrifying creature has made its home up there. This awful beast shoots volley after volley of shock arrows. Even a single one could be fatal to a Zora." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Aha! You must mean that Lynel! He is a man-beast, that one!" — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "That beast does indeed wield shock arrows. That is certainly one way to collect them quickly. He is vicious, to be sure. But I am certain Link will rise to the challenge." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's a red-maned monster called a Lynel that lives on Ploymus Mountain. I REALLY need a picture of a Lynel. It can be a picture of any red-maned Lynel. Not just the one on the mountain. So what do you say? Can you get me a picture of a Lynel?" — Laflat (Breath of the Wild)
- "Monte Trueno" — Map (Breath of the Wild)