Please see the related discussion on this article'sfor more information concerning its future layout.
The Wood Pigeon in Breath of the Wild
|Era(s)||Era of the Wilds|
Pigeons are a type of bird commonly found throughout Hyrule Kingdom. They're registered within the Hyrule Compendium under four different sub species, Wood, Rainbow, Hotfeather and White. Like most wild animals in Breath of the Wild they can be hunted by Link for food, dropping bird meat when they are killed.
Types of Pigeons
- Main article: Wood Pigeon
Wood Pigeon are the most common type of pigeon and can be found throughout Hyrule. They are grey in color, with a lighter grey neck and a purple head and neck. Though they lack a strong sense of awareness they will flee from Link if they see him and drop a Raw Bird Drumstick when killed.
- Main article: Rainbow Pigeon
Most commonly found in the northers forest and grasslands of Hyrule, Rainbow Pigeons are most famous for their brightly colored plumage, which is largely purple in color with a red, orange and yellow underbelly. They will flee from Link if they spot him and drop a Raw Bird Thigh when killed. A Rainbow Pigeon's diet consists largely of nuts and grain, though they are also known to eat insects.
- Main article: Hotfeather Pigeon
Found on and around Death Mountain, Hotfeather Pigeons are mainly red in appearance with orange spots on their chest and grey wings and head. Their plumage is fireproof and highly prized as a clothing material. They will flee from Link if they see him and drop a Raw Bird Thigh when killed.
- Main article: White Pigeon
White Pigeons are said to have got their white plumage after a wood pigeon survived atop a snowy mountain by changing its feathers to blend in with the snow. They will flee from Link if they see him and drop a either a Raw Bird Thigh or a Raw Whole Bird when killed. The high quality of there meat is due to the extra layer of fat white pigeons have developed to combat the cold.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "They don't have a very strong sense of awareness, so even less-skilled hunters can nab them pretty easily." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "This breed of pigeon is well known for its vivid feathers. They live mainly in the northern forests and grasslands in Hyrule." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "They're most fond of nuts and grain but won't pass up the occasional insect or earthworm if offered." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "This rare breed of pigeon lives near Death Mountain. Their fireproof feathers are valuable as clothing material." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's said that a wood pigeon survived atop a snowy mountain by changing its feathers to blend in with the snow and soon after became a white pigeon." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "They have an extra layer of fat to guard against the cold, so they have been known to yield high-quality meat." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)