The Phonogram Man stands inside Kakariko Windmill playing his Phonograph. He is attempting to compose a musical theme inspired by the Windmill's cyclicality. He loves to "go around and around." Ironically, he is responsible for a time loop that ruins his enjoyment of the Windmill by making it spin faster.
The Phonogram Man is initially happy when young Link speaks to him. When adult Link speaks to him, he is bitterly angry at "that Ocarina kid" about an event seven years ago. He fails to recognize adult Link as that boy. When Link pulls out his Ocarina of Time in front of the Phonogram Man, he angrily recounts the day the boy tampered with the Windmill by playing the "Song of Storms" on the Ocarina. He plays the Song on his Phonograph in demonstration. In doing so, he unwittingly becomes the one who teaches it to Link. The hero goes back in time and plays the "Song of Storms" in the Windmill as young Link to drain the Bottom of the Well. This upsets the Phonogram Man and completes the time loop.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Phonogram Man's name is a misnomer, as he should instead be referred to as the Phonograph Man.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 239
- "I'm trying to come up with a musical theme inspired by this windmill...going around and around and around!!!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Go around! Go around and around and around! What fun! I'm so happy! I'm a music man who loves to go around and around!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Go around, go around, go around... What? It's going way too fast!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Grrrrrrrrr! I'll never forget what happened on that day, seven years ago! Grrrrrrrrr! It's all that Ocarina kid's fault! Next time he comes around here, I'm gonna mess him up!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "What?! You've got an ocarina!! What the heck! That reminds me of that time, seven years ago! Back then a mean kid came here and played a strange song. It messed up this windmill!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 239