Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
The Paraglider is first seen after Link activates the Great Plateau Tower and descends back to the ground. There, he is met by the Old Man, who is investigating the sudden appearance of Sheikah Towers across Hyrule. There, he explains to Link that the Great Plateau that they are on is entirely isolated from the rest of the world, as nobody can safely travel to and from it without a Paraglider such as his own. Upon being asked for the Paraglider, the Old Man agrees to give it to Link in exchange for the treasure resting in the nearby Oman Au Shrine. Upon completing the Shrine, Link is confronted by the Old Man, who then tells him that he must complete the three remaining Ancient Shrines on the Great Plateau before he hands over the Paraglider.
The Paraglider consumes Link's Stamina when used, limiting the time in which he may glide through the air. If Link uses the Paraglider over a vertical draft caused by burning grass, he will be propelled upwards by the vent of wind. Link can also use the Remote Bomb Rune while gliding to attack enemies below. When Link's Stamina runs out mid-flight, he will automatically put away the Paraglider and fall to the ground. While having no Stamina, the Paraglider can be taken out for one second only once in order to break Link's fall.
A slow-down effect will occur when Link aims with a Bow while airborne. The Paraglider is useful for performing this. While aiming, Link's Stamina will be drained quickly and Link can stop aiming by pulling out the Paraglider.
Sequel to Breath of the Wild
It is likely to contain information of a speculative nature and the content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.
Link uses a new Paraglider while among the islands in the Sky.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
|This article is a short summary of the Paraglider.|
Super Mario Wiki features a more in-depth article.
The Paraglider is unlocked immediately after downloading the update.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Link glides with the Paraglider onto each Stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The Old Man from Breath of the Wild can also be seen in the background of the Great Plateau Tower Stage occasionally gliding with the Paraglider.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
When taking off for a Scenario, there is a chance the selected Warriors will use Paragliders or their answer to one off of the Sheikah Tower near Hyrule Castle. Unique to Link, there is a chance he would use a Cucco instead of a Paraglider to glide off of the Sheikah Tower.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
An item that you received from the king on the Great Plateau. It allows you to sail through the sky. Press while you're in the air to use it." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Paraglider" — N/A (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)
- "Here, on this isolated plateau, we are surrounded on all sides by sheer cliffs, with no way off or down. If you were to try and jump, well...no death could be more certain. Or foolish. Of course, if you had a paraglider like me, that would be quite another story!" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Give it to me!] Har har har! Sure! Why not? But there is no such thing as a free item in this world, you know. Let's see now... How about a trade for a bit of treasure that slumbers nearby? Come. Let me show you something." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "Seems you managed to get your hands on a Spirit Orb! Well done! [Paraglider, please?] Let's slow down for a moment there, my young friend. The appearance of those towers and the awakening of this shrine... It's all connected to that Sheikah Slate you carry on your hip there. [What do you mean?] It has been quite some time since I've seen or heard of the Sheikah Slate... Long ago, an advanced civilization known as the Sheikah inhabited these lands. It was the power and wisdom of the Sheikah that saved this land time and time again. But their civilization disappeared long ago...or so it is said. It is interesting, however, to think...that something of them might still remain hidden away in a shrine such as this. These shrines are tucked away in numerous places all across this land. On this plateau alone, I believe there are still three more. Secure the treasure from those shrines...and I will give you the Paraglider." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Paraglider, Facebook, published August 31, 2016, retrieved August 31, 2016.