Palace on the Sea
|Palace on the Sea|
Entrance to Palace on the Sea
Placement of one of the Crystals
The Palace on the Sea is the fifth Dungeon in The Adventure of Link. It is located in Eastern Hyrule and is visited by Link during his quest to place one of the shards of the Magic Crystal to its lectern to gain access to the Great Palace, find the lost part of the Triforce and rouse Princess Zelda from her unnatural slumber.
As it is on an island completely separated from land, and there is no dock sufficient to launch the raft from, Link can only reach the Palace by walking on the water separating the tiny island from the mainland with the boots. The isle itself is placed east from Nabooru Town.
Built with green-colored bricks, this dungeon is notable for its trickery, not only because of its size, but also because it's the first palace with a fake wall. The Mago debuts here, and unlike Wizards Link can't repel its projectiles (which, in this case, are dense flames).
Within the Palace walls, Link finds the Flute, useful to gain access to new areas with the help of music.
In the Japanese version, blue Octorok appear in this palace as regular enemies as Mazura also reappears as a mini-boss; in international versions, these are replaced by blue Aneru and a normal blue Iron Knuckle, respectively.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- The path across the sea leading to the temple has a hidden turning north that leads to a Heart Container.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||海上の神殿 (Kaijō no Shinden)||Sea Sanctuary|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 146
- In the Fifth Palace of Hyrule is a magic flute that will transport me to a distant place. Ganon will never find me - Zelda (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- The Fifth Palace is on the Island of Hyron! - Link (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- Little do they [Link and Zelda] suspect that their greatest challenge is yet to come, in the terrifying form of Ironknuckle! - N/A (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- Long ago, the old king charged me to protect the palace - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- Long ago, the old king charged to protect the palace from those who are unworthy. - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)
- By reaching the Fifth Palace and defeating me, you have proved that you deserve the treasures within. - Knight (Valiant Comic Issue #1)