- Not to be confused with Kasuto.
Features and Overview
Old Kasuto was attacked and destroyed by monstrous Moas, forcing its people to flee, although one Old Man stayed behind. Upon Link's first arrival to Old Kasuto, the Moas who have taken over the town are invisible to him, and only by possessing the Cross can the young hero see these flying creatures. The Old Man who is left here informs Link that the town is deserted, and that he must look in the woods to the east in order to find the new village of Kasuto. Once Link has obtained all of the eight Magic Containers, the Old Man will reward him with his most powerful magic yet, the Thunder spell. Link can also find a hint on the location of the Magical Key written on a wall in one of the empty houses.
- The original Japanese text written on the wall in Old Kasuto reads: "マホウノ カギハ カストノ タカラ ト カイテアル" when read from top to bottom.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Alte Stadt Kasuto|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 109
- "KASUTO. STRANGE... IT IS DESERTED." — Sign (The Adventure of Link)
- "Old Kasuto Town
Located in southeastern Hyrule, Old Kasuto Town is a deserted village inhabited only by ghosts." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com (archive), retrieved January 24, 2022.
- "WE HAD TO FLEE KASUTO." — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "THE OLD MAN WHO REMAINS HAS MAGIC." — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "THE TOWN IS DEAD. LOOK EAST IN WOODS." — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
- "MAGIC KEY READS... TREASURE OF KASUTO" — N/A (The Adventure of Link)
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location