Location and Rules
The Obstacle Course is operated by Blynne at the Highland Stable. It can be played by speaking to him outside the Stable while riding a tame Horse and accepting his challenge to see who is the better rider. After Link pays the 20 Rupee fee to play, Blynne will set up the obstacles for the Mini-Game throughout Fural Plain.
Blynne explains that the goal of the Obstacle Course is to navigate all ten Obstacles as quick as possible. He guarantees that it will teach Link how to ride his Horses better. The difficult part is being able to control one's Horse, instead of riding as fast as possible. He offers Link Horse Gear if he can beat his time.
Blynne will refuse to start the Mini-Game if the necessary conditions are not met. If Link attempts to speak to him without being atop a Horse, Blynne will tell Link to mount one and come back. Blynne will reject Link if he is riding atop an unregistered Horse, telling Link to handle the paperwork at a Stable first. Additionally, if Link attempts to challenge Blynne while riding atop anything other than a Horse, Blynne will emphasize that the Mini-Game is exclusively meant for Horses. If it is Raining, Blynne will not be in the mood to run the Course. However, if it starts Raining while Link is attempting the Course, Blynne will still ask if he wants to try again.
Before Link starts the Obstacle Course, Blynne asks if he wants to hear the rules. He explains that Link needs to ride his Horse around Fural Plain while jumping over all of the Obstacles. Link is not allowed to cross the finish line until he has jumped over all 10. Additionally, Link will be disqualified if he dismounts his Horse. Blynne informs him that his best time is 1 minute and 15 seconds, though he suggests trying to complete the Course in 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Blynne will only reward Link with encouragement if he completes the Obstacle Course with any time over 2 minutes. If Link finishes the Course between 1 minute and 30 seconds and 2 minutes, Blynne will give him a Swift Carrot.[note 1] When Link completes the Obstacle Course between 1 minute and 15seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds, Blynne rewards him with the Extravagant Bridle.[note 2] If Link beats Blynne's time, Blynne will give him the Extravagant Saddle.[note 3]
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- If Link has at least one Swift Carrot in his Inventory, Blynne will instead give him a Red Rupee, valued at 20 Rupees.
- If Link already owns the Extravagant Bridle but does not have any Endura Carrots in his Inventory, Blynne will give an Endura Carrot instead. If Link also has at least one Endura Carrot, he will receive a Purple Rupee, valued at 50 Rupees.
- If Link already owns the Extravagant Saddle, Blynne will give the Extravagant Bridle instead. If Link also has the Extravagant Bridle, he will receive a Silver Rupee, valued at 100 Rupees.
- "Great! There's just the little matter of the entry fee. That'll be 20 rupees." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — The Complete Official Guide (Piggyback) pg. 332
- "I grew up taming horses 'round these parts. I'm confident there's not a rider in Hyrule better'n me." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "And I got just the way to prove it—a li'l game to test which fella's better in the saddle. One I almost never lose." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "What do you think? You got the grit to step up and challenge the master?" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's an obstacle course, but on horseback! There are 10 obstacles to navigate. Best time wins." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you're not an ace in the saddle when the game starts, I guarantee you'll be one by the time it's through!" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "The difficult part about this is the fact that you can't just try to recklessly ride as fast as you can. In order to clear the obstacles on the path, you have to be able to control your horse very well." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you can beat my personal best time, I'll give you some mighty fine horse gear." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well shoot, fella. You can't enter a horse race without a horse to ride! Go mount up and come back to me when you're serious." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "That horse you're riding isn't properly registered yet. Go take care of the paperwork at the stable counter before you come to challenge my best time." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "See here, fella. This is a HORSE race. If you want in, you gotta be on a horse. Not...whatever's happening here." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm in no mood to run the course when it's raining. If you want to beat my time, come back when the sun's out." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "You need a rundown of the rules?" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ride your horse around this grassy field while jumping the obstacles." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "There are 10 obstacles, all told. You don't get to cross the finish line 'til you've jumped them all. When you clear the last one, ride back here. Simple, right?" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Don't dismount your horse, or you're out of the running. Not that you need telling, right?" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "My best time's 1 minute 15 seconds. Think you can beat that?" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Why don't you aim for 1 minute and 30 seconds first?" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your time was 02:00.00, huh... Keep riding until you've got some hearty saddle sores. Lotta work ahead of you! Your horse may balk when you spur it on right in front of an obstacle. I would too!" — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Nice riding, fella! You didn't beat my time, but I'm impressed all the same. Here, this is for your hardworking friend." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Here's that horse gear I promised you. Keep at it, and maybe someday you'll be on my level." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)
- "Holy smoke, would you look at that? Never thought I'd see the day.. But a man's gotta abide by his word, so here's that horse gear I promised." — Blynne (Breath of the Wild)