Nellie is an elderly Gerudo who can be found in Gerudo Town. If Link speaks to her during the day, she finds it interesting to see a "Hylian vai" and tells Link that she is going to bed soon to avoid the hot weather. If Link speaks to Nellie while she is sleeping in her home, she irritably asks what he wants and says that she prefers to sleep during the day. If Link speaks to Nellie after she has woken up later in the day, she questions to Link how people tolerate the heat of the afternoon and then decides to go get a drink. During the night, Nellie can be found drinking in The Noble Canteen. If Link speaks to her, she comments that the drink is the only thing that can "wake her up."
In the very early hours of the morning, she can be found outside Lorn's stall, observing the fruits for sale. Nellie claims her vaba told her myriad times to never drink and eat Hearty Durians. Nellie knows there is a good reason, but is unsure of what that reason is.A few hours later, she'll depart to visit Ardin. If Link speaks to Nellie while she is standing at Ardin's General Store, which sells a variety of mushrooms, she says her mother taught her that meals containing mushrooms help relieve strong headaches. For that reason, Nellie always makes Fragrant Mushroom Sauté for herself when she is tired. Nellie then explains how to make the dish by cooking Goron Spice with any mushroom.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "To be honest, I wasn't going to take them... But my vaba was nagging me" — Risa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Nellie" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "A Hylian vai, huh... Sav'aaq..." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's gonna get hot soon, so I think I'm going to head to bed." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ugh, what is it? I prefer to rest and relax until night..." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "The nighttime is really nice. I can't believe how much people move around in the heat of the afternoon." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "I guess I could get a drink to wake myself up..." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "Phew! This is really the only thing that can wake me up." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "My vaba often said to never eat a hearty durian while drinking... I don't really know why, but since she said it so much, there must be a good reason." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "My mom often said that dishes with mushrooms were good for nursing serious headaches." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "So...when I'm feeling tired, I always make fragrant mushroom sauté. I love that curry flavor!" — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's a simple dish that you can make if you have some Goron spice and mushrooms." — Nellie (Breath of the Wild)