- This article is about the recurring leader of the Carpenters. For the deceased ruler of the Cobble Kingdom, see King Mutoh.
- For the character with the same design in Ocarina of Time, see Master Craftsman.
In Majora's Mask, Mutoh is the head of the Clock Town Carnival Committee in charge of constructing the fireworks-viewing tower for the Carnival of Time. During the first days, Mutoh is in the Mayor's Office, arguing with Captain Viscen about whether or not to flee the town in the wake of the impending Moon. Link can use the Couple's Mask obtained from Anju and Kafei to stop the argument, earning him a Piece of Heart.
Most of the time, Mutoh maintains watch over the building of the tower, while the other Carpenters are working on supplies and construction. At night of the Final Day, he stands at the foot of the completed tower, after the other Carpenters have abandoned him and the town, yelling at the Moon, "If you're gonna fall, then fall already!"
He indicates that he has some sons who have already fled the town. He also wonders about the location of his wife (whether she has fled or gone missing is undetermined) and dislikes Kafei for going missing and compares him to his sons.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, Mutoh appears with his Carpenters in the Nuun Highlands, where they are repairing a bridge that connects to Symmetry Village. However, all of his Carpenters have run off and are missing, and he asks Link to find them. Link must call for the aide of one of his animal companions to help locate them, as the landscape of Nuun Highlands is harsh and changes according to Link's companion.
The Minish Cap
|The Carpenters (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|These carpenters may be rough around|
the edges, but they do good work.
They may seem tough, but they're
in touch with their feminine side.
Mutoh and his Carpenters appear in and around Hyrule Town in The Minish Cap. At the start of the game, they can all be found at north gate of Hyrule Town repairing the damage caused by Vaati. After Link obtains the White Sword, Mutoh can be found in the Carpenters Shop, where he remains for the rest of the game. He boasts that his ancestors built Hyrule Castle, and tells Link that he is looking for a challenge. If Link Fuses Kinstone Pieces with Bremor (who can be found standing by the Post Office after Link obtains the Flippers), Mutoh will become motivated to construct a new Vacant House for Gorman to rent out, satisfying his desire for meaningful work.
Mutoh is one of the potential characters to have a random Kinstone Fusion available.
- Mutoh's name is shared by the king of the ancient Cobble Kingdom, King Mutoh, from Phantom Hourglass.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ムトー (Mutō) (TMC)|
|Italian||Mastro Tek (TMC)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "They call him Punch Mutoh because he's like a real punchy fella and all dat." — Town Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "The boss might seem rough, but he's a real softy at heart..." — Town Minish (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 245 (MM) & 270 (TMC)
- "If you're gonna fall, then what's stoppin' ya, you monster?! Cowards! All of you! Not a one of you stayed! My apprentice will be disgusted with all of you! Hmph! I'll have a fine carnival without you... If you're gonna fall, then fall already!" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask)
- "!!! The mayor's son? No good runnin' off before the ceremony! ...I wish I could get mad, but my own sons ran off in a hurry before the carnival... What a shame! I could cry!" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask)
- "I wonder...Did my wife flee?" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask)
- "The name's Mutoh. I'm head carpenter 'round these parts. The king of Hyrule himself has entrusted me with this project. See, that sorcerer's attack tore things up pretty bad around here. You know, kid, you shouldn't be playing anywhere near the construction zone." — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- "My ancestors built that castle, you know! Of course they did! After all, they are MY ancestors, aren't they?" — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- "Listen up, you! I'm a skilled carpenter, and I'm looking for a challenge!" — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- "Do you know of any refined work full of vim and vigor that might suit my taste? You know, something with a bit of punch to it! That's what I'm after!" — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- "I'm feeling really motivated now! I could probably build a good-sized house in a matter of minutes!" — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- "Guffaw! Well, that was a blast! And I guess it did have some punch to it!" — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones? Let's give it a go!" — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Shogakukan) pg. 145
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 245
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 270
- Encyclopedia (Magazzini Salani) pg. 270
- Encyclopedia (Norma Editorial) pg. 270