Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
- Main article: Sleepy Toadstool
Ocarina of Time
- Main article: Odd Mushroom
- Main article: Magic Mushroom
In Majora's Mask, a Magic Mushroom can be sold to the Magic Hags' Potion Shop for 20 Rupees each; at least one must be delivered during that cycle before Blue Potions can be purchased there. They can also be sold to the Curiosity Shop for 5 Rupees each.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, a Mushroom appears as an item in the Trading Quest. Using the Megaphone, Link can wake up Talon in a cave atop Mt. Cucco. In exchange for waking him, Talon offers Link a Mushroom, which can in turn be given to Syrup in Sunken City in exchange for the Wooden Bird.
Rock Mushrooms, also known as Petri Fungus, also appear as obstacles in Holodrum. They are a rock-solid fungus that can only be picked during the autumn season. Link can use the Power Bracelet to pick them, use the Magical Boomerang to remove them, or use Dimitri to eat them.
The Minish Cap
- Main article: Mushroom Spores
In Skyward Sword, mushrooms can be found in the Faron Woods, Deep Woods, Skyview Temple, and on certain islands in The Sky. Link can slash them with his Sword to produce Mushroom Spores, which can be stored in Bottles and used to heal Loftwings. Glittering mushrooms can also be found, which produce Glittering Spores than can also be stored in Bottles. They produce different kind of effects when used on items and enemies.
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild, mushrooms are a type of Material that Link can collect for cooking Food or in some cases upgrading armor. Mushrooms are typically found on the ground growing next to trees or cliffs. Available mushrooms are Hylian Shrooms, Endura Shrooms, Stamella Shrooms, Hearty Truffles, Big Hearty Truffles, Chillshrooms, Sunshrooms, Zapshrooms, Rushrooms, Razorshrooms, Ironshrooms, and Silent Shrooms.
Hyrule Warriors Legends
In Hyrule Warriors Legends, Odd Mushrooms appear as Plant-type Food. They are imbued with the Darkness Element. When consumed by a Companion Fairy in the Dining Room of the My Fairy mode, Odd Mushrooms can increase the Fairy's Trust level and personality traits.
- In Link's Awakening, the Mushroom is one of many Mario references. When Tarin (who bears resemblance to Mario, and also shares his love of mushrooms) eats one, he turns into a raccoon, which may be a reference to Mario's Raccoon or Tanooki transformations.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||キノコ (Kinoko)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 132 (ALttP)
- "Sniff, sniff!!! That scent!!! Ya've got a Mushroom! I'll trade my Wooden Bird!" — Syrup (Oracle of Seasons)
- "→ Rock Mushrooms (Petri Fungus) Pick in fall only." — Sign (Oracle of Seasons)
- A Link to the Past manual, pg. 44 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 27 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (Shogakukan) pg. 14