Mr. Barten is the owner and bartender of the Milk Bar in East Clock Town. During the day, he resides in his bar sweeping the floor, allowing Link to stay as long as he does not get in the way. He does not permit entry to anyone into his bar in the evening without proof of membership, in the form of Romani's Mask, and refuses service to those who do not wear the Mask inside. However, he is willing to allow Gorman to stay at the bar as his guest out of pity after the Gorman Troupe's job at the Carnival of Time is cancelled, and even allows him to drink despite not being a member. Mr. Barten considers himself as the kind of person who stays at his business no matter what, and as such, he is one of the few characters who do not flee town despite that the Moon is about to crash.
If Link talks to him on the night of the Final Day, Mr. Barten reveals that he was waiting and hoping that one of his favorite customers would show up. As such, he mentions he was not wrong since Link did stop in at the bar.
Mr. Barten's name may be an contraction of bartender.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||M. Barten (MM3D)||Mr. Barten|
M. is short for Monsieur (Mister).
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 245(MM)
- "Well, now I'm getting things ready, so as long as you don't get in the way of my cleaning, you can stay." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "This bar is for members only. Those without proof of membership will be refused entry." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "Sir...It's the rules. Please wear your Romani's Mask inside the bar." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "...As you can see, all of our customers have taken refuge. It may be my undoing, but I'm the sort of fellow who'll stay at his business through thick and thin." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "And I continue standing here at the counter hoping one of my favorite customers will appear...And I wasn't wrong. See? You stopped in." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 245