Mountainous regions are very high and are usually Fire or Ice themed. The element of Earth is also present in these places.
Several named Mountains have appeared throughout The Legend of Zelda series.
- Death Mountain, the fore-running Mountain of the series and has appearances in nearly all titles involving Hyrule.
- Fire Mountain, one of the many islands of The Wind Waker
- Goron Mountain, an area in the northern part of Holodrum in Oracle of Seasons.
- Mount Crenel, the prominent mountain featured in The Minish Cap.
- Mount Tamaranch, Koholint Island's central Mountain in Link's Awakening.
- Mt. Cucco, the northeastern most mountain of Oracle of Seasons.
- Northern Peak, a small mountain holding Onox's Castle in Oracle of Seasons.
- Rolling Ridge, located in the northern part of Labrynna in Oracle of Ages.
- Snowhead, exclusively in Majora's Mask, this is one of the few snow covered mountains.
- Snowpeak, another snow covered mountain, appears in Twilight Princess.
- Tal Tal Mountain Range, the mountain range spanning Koholint Island in Link's Awakening.
- Talus Peaks, Labrynna's western most mountain range in Oracle of Ages.
- Veil Falls, refers to the waterfall cascading the unnamed mountain of The Minish Cap.