- Not to be confused with the Great Moblin.
The Moblin Chief is the leader of a gang of Moblins that kidnapped Madam MeowMeow's pet "dog" while Link was exploring the Tail Cave. Link sets off to rescue MeowMeow's pet, and locates the Moblin Cave found at Tal Tal Heights. After fighting his Moblin and Sword Moblin minions, Link runs into the Moblin Chief in the penultimate room, where he is holding BowWow hostage. He will fire projectiles while jumping around, before beating his chest and charging forward with his head lowered trying to impale Link on his horns. This attack is fast and can cause a lot of damage, but if Link moves out of the way, the Moblin Chief will instead slam into the back wall and stun himself, leaving him vulnerable to Link's blade. He has a surprising amount of stamina, but enough strikes will eventually defeat him.
Link's Awakening (Cagiva)
The Moblin Chief's Japanese name, Oyaburin, is a portmanteau of the Japanese word for "boss", 親分 (Oyabun) and the suffix "-blin". Oya also means "parent", so the Moblin Chief could be seen as both the leader and parent of the other Moblins.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||オヤブリン (Oyaburin) (LA)||Oyablin. Portmanteau of 親父 (Oyaji, old man/father) and/or 親分 (Oyabun, boss) and ゴブリン (goblin).|
|Italian||Grande blin (LANS)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "You got the Moblin Chief's Chamber!" — N/A (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 187
- "AIEEEEEEEE! It's terrrrible! My BowWow was dognapped by... M-M-MOBLINS! OHHH! AHHHH! Please! Somebody help my poor BowWow!" — Madam MeowMeow (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "You must be an assassin sent by Madam MeowMeow to rescue the mutt! You came here to get me, but it is I who will get you!!" — Moblin Chief (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "Monsters were waiting there, but Link defeated the boss Oyablin, and rescued Wanwan and once he returned Wanwan was forced to take them for a walk." (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Certain Victory Strategy Guide (Futabasha) (1993) pg. 47)