- This page is for the Side Quest in Breath of the Wild. For the story in Issue 1 of The Legend of Zelda comics by Valiant Comics, see Missing in Action
|Missing in Action|
Sesami expressing life lessons to Link
|Location||Gerudo Canyon Stable|
Link can begin this Side Quest by talking to Sesami at Gerudo Canyon Stable. He asks Link if he has seen his friends, four travelers named Oliff, Flaxel, Canolo, and Palme. They were traveling near Koukot Plateau when they were ambushed by monsters. Sesami ended up running all the way to the Stable, but when he turned around, he realized his friends were not following him. He is considered that they may have been harmed by monsters, and so he asks Link to direct his friends to the Stable if he sees them.
Link will find Sesami's friends near Koukot Plateau, on a series of wooden platforms high up on the cliff walls. Each one is being attacked by Blue Bokoblins, and they must be defeated before speaking to his friends. After talking to each of them, they will join Sesami at Gerudo Canyon Stable.
Oliff is found fighting two Blue Bokoblins on the scaffolding near Joloo Nah Shrine, along Mount Nabooru. When Link saves him, he will praise him for his fighting. He introduces himself, and while he claims to be a decent fighter, he was caught off guard by the monsters. Since he was outnumbered, he thought it would be unwise to challenge them. He is grateful that Link showed up when he did, as he does not like to think of what would have happened to him. Oliff is glad to hear that Sesami is safe at Gerudo Canyon Stable, at which point he goes to join him.
Canolo can be found on the scaffolding that bridges Koukot Plateau and Mount Nabooru. She is not sure at first that she has been saved, but when she hears that Sesami is waiting at Gerudo Canyon Stable, she immediately expresses anger toward him. She blames him for running away as soon as the monsters attacked them, abandoning his friends in the process. Before leaving for the Stable, she claims that she will not forgive him for this.
On the southeastern edge of Koukot Plateau, Link will find Flaxel fighting two Blue Bokoblins. Upon rescuing Flaxel, she expresses her gratitude for his help, though she admits that she will be sore the next day. When Flaxel hears that Sesami has been at the Gerudo Canyon Stable instead of helping her, she decides to go there and give him a piece of her mind.
Finally, Palme is found under attack by Blue Bokoblins near the arch between Koukot Plateau and Mount Nabooru. At first, he is shocked to see that Link was able to defeat his assailants. He calls Link incredible and says that he may be braver than Sesami. However, Palme is surprised when he hears that Sesami stayed at the Gerudo Canyon Stable instead of coming to save him. He wonders whether Sesami lied to him about his mastery of the martial arts, but quickly decides that it must have been a misunderstanding.
After rescuing all four of Sesami's friends, Link can return to Gerudo Canyon Stable. Sesami tells him that he is glad to see his friends are safe, and he thanks him by rewarding him with a Gold Rupee. This event helped him realize the importance of friendship, and he expresses that while opening up to others makes a person more vulnerable, it is the only way to give life value. In a comical twist, Sesami bluntly reveals that he and his friends will be parting ways because caring for others is an emotional liability. In reality, Sesami has no idea what lesson to take away. Once he is done speaking, the Side Quest will be completed.
|1||Sesami and his friends ran afoul of monsters near the roads at Koukot Plateau. Sesami ran for his life, but his friends vanished into thin air.|
Sesami was traveling with four friends. Find them quickly and put him at ease.
|2||You rescued Sesami's friends, who were surrounded by monsters and unable to move.|
Hurry back to the Gerudo Canyon Stable and tell Sesami.
|Complete||You saved all four of Sesami's friends, who had been pinned down by monsters and unable to move. And so, the curtain closes on the case of the Gerudo Canyon disappearances.|
- All of the characters involved in this Side Quest are named after types of Vegetable oil.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Missing in Action
Gerudo Canyon Stable" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, did you happen to see any of my friends? They're four travelers named Oliff, Flaxel, Canolo, and Palme..." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "We were all walking together when some monsters suddenly jumped us near the Koukot Plateau path." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "I took off running and didn't stop until I got here. I thought my friends were right behind me, but when I turned around, they were nowhere to be found." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "You don't think the monsters could have... No, they're fine. They'll be back any second now." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, if you happen to run into any of my friends on the road, please let them know Sesami is waiting for them here." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wh-what wonderful form! I've never seen anyone fight like that!" — Oliff (Breath of the Wild)
- "My name is Oliff. I'm a decent fighter, but I was caught off guard while travelling with my friends..." — Oliff (Breath of the Wild)
- "The monsters vastly outnumbered us, so I thought it unwise to challenge them." — Oliff (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hate to think what would've happened had you not shown up. By the Goddess, I'm grateful..." — Oliff (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sesami is waiting for me? Ah, I'm glad to hear he's safe. I shall hurry off to the Gerudo Canyon Stable where he waits." — Oliff (Breath of the Wild)
Am I...saved?" — Canolo (Breath of the Wild)
- "At least I'm safe now. No thanks to Sesami." — Canolo (Breath of the Wild)
- "As soon as the monsters showed up, he ran away as fast as he could and left us for dead. Who does that? Especially to a girl!" — Canolo (Breath of the Wild)
- "He's at Gerudo Canyon Stable? If he thinks I'm going to forgive him for this, he's got another thing coming!" — Canolo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thanks for the assist, pal. That could've been the end of me." — Flaxel (Breath of the Wild)
- "Boy, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. Filthy bottom-feeders..." — Flaxel (Breath of the Wild)
- "So Sesami was kicking his feet up in the stable while I was being tortured by those sorry sacks?!" — Flaxel (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, I'm going to go give him a piece of my mind, all right. A piece of my fist too!" — Flaxel (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huh? I'm alive? But...the monsters... Did you get rid of them?" — Palme (Breath of the Wild)
- "That's incredible! YOU'RE incredible! You might even be braver than Sesami!" — Palme (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sesami...is waiting at the stable? He didn't come to save me?" — Palme (Breath of the Wild)
- "But he said he'd mastered the martial arts. Did he...lie to me about that? Nah...this must be a misunderstanding." — Palme (Breath of the Wild)
- "As soon as they all got back safely, a wave of emotion washed over me. Thank you. Thank you so much. I want you to have this." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "In a way, I'm kind of glad all of this happened. It's helped me realize just how important friendship is." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "Opening up to others might make you more vulnerable, but it's also the only way to give your life any value." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "That said, caring for others is an emotional liability, so my friends and I have decided to part ways." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "Not really sure what the takeaway is here..." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)