- This article is about the mirror from The Shadow Prince. For the item known as the Mirror of Truth in the PAL release of Hyrule Warriors, see Lens of Truth.
|Mirror of Truth|
The Mirror as seen in the book
Reveals people's true identities
The Mirror is first introduced after Link informs Impa that the King of Hyrule has trusted Charles with the Triforce of Wisdom and has dubbed him a Knight of Triforce. With no other option, Impa tells Link that he must hold Charles up to the Mirror of Truth to see his true self. Although she does not know where it is located, she says to the young hero that the Mirror was last seen in the Water Town of Saria and urges him to start looking there.
Once Link arrives to Saria Town and opens its gates using the key that was given to him by the Old Man near Ruto Town, he will bump into an Old Woman with eyes clear as glass. The woman tells Link that if he wants to have eyes as clear as her, he must get to a nearby tree and eat its fruit. After reaching the tree, he notices a small Mirror with a thin wooden frame in one of the branches, realizing that the old woman was actually referring to the Mirror of Truth.
After the king announces that Charles, and not Link, will be the one to take the Triforce of Wisdom to the Fifth Castle of Ancient Hyrule, Link furiously reminds the king of all the brave deeds he has done and claims that Charles cannot be trusted because he is evil. The king raises his hand and silences Link, saying he better have proof to back up the serious charge he has raised against Charles. Link immediately takes out the Mirror of Truth to prove his point, but the king warns him that if the Mirror does not show something important, Link will be punished. If the young hero promptly uses the Mirror, it will reveal that Charles is actually Ganon in disguise and will allow the reader to continue the story. However, if Link hesitates to use it, Charles will knock the Mirror off his hands and shatter it, leading to Charles stealing the Triforce of Wisdom as everyone passes out from the blue smoke that filled the room.
- "'There's only one thing to do. You must hold Charles up to the Mirror of Truth. Then we'll see his true self.'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 88)
- "With a great effort, Link manages to hold his tongue. He hurries off to find Impa and tell her the terrible news. 'The king is trusting that weasel Charles with the safety of the Triforce!'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 88)
- "'Well, thing do get lost.' Impa sounds a little touchy. 'I hear it was last seen in Saria Town. You might start looking there.'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 88)
- "She looks up. Link has never seen a face so wrinkled. But her eyes are clear as glass. Link can't quite believe them." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 57)
- "'I'm going to give you some advice, clever lad.' She points to a gnarled tree in the middle of the square. 'See that apple tree? If you can get to it, its fruit will make your eyes as clear as mine.'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 57, 58)
- "As Link is reaching for his own snack, he sees something shining in a forked branch. 'Hmmm...' He reaches up and pulls down a small mirror with a thin wooden frame. Link grins. 'So that's what the old lady meant about clear eyes,' he says." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 43)
- "'And anyway, Charles can't be trusted. He is evil!' The room is in an uproar. The king raises his hand. 'Silence! Link, you've made some very serious charges against Sir Charles. You'd better have proof to back up your words, young man!'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 103)
- "'If it's the Mirror of Truth, use it,' the king says. 'But let me warn you, Link. If this mirror doesn't show something important, I'm going to be very angry with you!'" (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 14)
- "Zelda sees the reflection first. Instead of Charles's face, a horrible, hooded, skull-like mask with burning white eyes fills the mirror. 'It's Ganon himself!' Zelda cries." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 64)
- "The, before he knows what's happening, Charles is at his side. The Morian knight knocks the mirror out of his hands. Kuh-rash! The mirror shatters against the floor. [...] Thick blue smoke fills the room. The king, Link, Zelda and all the counselors begin to cough and fall to the ground." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 9)