Milk,(OoT | MM | TP | ALBW) also known as Lon Lon Milk,(OoT | TMC) Milk Bottles,(MM) Ordon Goat Milk,(TP) and Milk in a Bottle(TP) is a recurring Item in The Legend of Zelda series. It can be stored in Empty Bottles and usually has two helpings. Each helping recovers up to five Hearts, with the exception of Twilight Princess where it only recovers three.
- 1 Location and Uses
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See Also
- 7 References
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
Milk can be obtained directly from the Cows found inside Secret Grottoes or in Lon Lon Ranch in Ocarina of Time. After playing "Epona's Song" to a Cow, it will reward Link with free Milk. As a child, Link can also buy Milk from Talon for 30 Rupees.
In Majora's Mask, Link can also get free Milk from Cows, although it can also be purchased from the Milk Bar for 20 Rupees. Link can also buy a special type of Milk called Chateau Romani for 200 Rupees, which grants him unlimited Magic Power for all three days. Apparently, Chateau Romani has an inebriating effect, as evidenced by Gorman, who overindulges after finding out his troupe's show is cancelled. This may be one of the reasons it is considered a drink for adults.
Link must protect several containers of Milk during a sidequest involving Cremia. When her path to Clock Town is blocked, forcing her to drive through the Gorman Track, Link can use his Hero's Bow or the Troupe Leader's Mask to ward off two masked bandits who attack her cargo. If Link manages to save enough Milk containers, he will be rewarded with Romani's Mask.
In Majora's Mask 3D, Link can obtain the Mystery Milk from the Gorman Brothers to deliver to Gorman. Link cannot drink it, and it must be delivered in a certain amount of time or it will turn into Moldy Milk. Link must go back in time to dispose the Moldy Milk.
The Minish Cap
In Twilight Princess, Ordon Goat Milk can be purchased in Sera's Sundries for 10 Rupees and in the Goron Shop for 20 Rupees. Link obtains his first Bottle of Ordon Goat Milk from Sera after helping her, although it is only half-full. This Ordon Goat Milk is also used to make Ordon Goat Cheese.
A Link Between Worlds
Milk is sold in the Milk Bar in Kakariko Village for 20 Rupees in A Link Between Worlds. However, after the completion of the Premium Milk side quest, the price is cut in half. Different from previous games, it only contains one helping.
Breath of the Wild
- Main article: Fresh Milk
In Breath of the Wild, Milk is referred to as Fresh Milk. It is sold in the East Wind general store in Hateno Village for 12 Rupees, with a stock of three available for purchase. It can also be purchased for 12 Rupees from two traveling merchants, a stock of two are sold by Angus at Dueling Peaks Stable, and a stock of 10 during Rainy Day Specials by Yammo who travels between Tabantha Bridge Stable and Snowfield Stable.
- In The Wind Waker, the Cafe Bar on Windfall Island serves Milk, as a chalkboard written in Hylian advertises it along with Deku Seed Cake and Zora Coffee; however, Link cannot purchase any. Empty Bottles of Milk can also be seen in the Nintendo Gallery.
- At one point during the development of The Minish Cap, it was possible to turn Lon Lon Milk into butter. However, this feature was later removed.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ロンロン牛乳 (Ron Ron Gyūnyū) (OoT)||Lon Lon Milk|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 131 (OoT | OoT3D | MM | MM3D | TMC | ALBW)
- "Milk 10 Rupees
A quick gulp of this fresh milk will replenish your life energy and wash away fatigue, m'dear!" — Sera (Twilight Princess HD)
- "You got Lon Lon Milk! This milk is very nutritious! Use it with , , or to recover your life energy!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "You got a Milk Bottle! Take one quick gulp to recover five hearts. You'll feel great! Set it to , , or to drink. This bottle contains two helpings. When it's empty, reuse the bottle." — N/A (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "You got milk in a bottle! ...But this bottle's half-empty! Set it to and use it with Y, X or R to replenish 3 hearts!" — N/A (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Moooooooooo! What a nice song... It reminds me of the pasture... That song makes me feel so good, I can produce a lot of milk! Have some of my refreshing and nutritious milk!" — Cow (Ocarina of Time)
- "If I give ya more free of charge, Ingo will get mad at me. So I'd better sell it to you for the normal price. Wanna buy milk for 30 Rupees?" — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey ...You! Milk... It's miiiilk... Can you get tipsy from something like milk?!? Hic!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- "We're milking the cows tonight! It's "Chateau Romani." It's the first time I get to drink it! Until now, my sister always said "Wait until you're an adult."" — Romani (Majora's Mask)
- "Your Lon Lon Milk turned into butter! It's very fresh and delicious!" — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "It's... butter. In a bottle. Unfortunately, either its functionality was removed, or it was tied to a character or event that no longer exists." — The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Unused Items, The Cutting Room Floor.
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 153