Entrance to the Shrine
Mezza Lo Shrine is initially buried beneath the ground of Rabia Plain. When Link first arrives in the area, he will find Kass, who will share that he knows an ancient song pertaining to their location. The song describes mounting a beast with a bone crown atop its throne in order to reveal an Ancient Shrine. Kass believes that "the lush green" refers to the plain, but he's unsure what animal wears a "crown of bone". Listening to him initiates the Shrine Quest "The Crowned Beast".
To complete the Quest, Link must ride a Mountain Buck, which can be found at the pond nearby, onto the pedestal. Mounting these deer requires a high level of Stealth, as they'll run away if they spot Link nearby. Once this is done, the Shrine will emerge from the ground.
This Shrine contains a crystal switch located up a ramp to the right from where you enter. When struck, this crystal rotates a platform in the center of the room clockwise through four positions. The area on the left has a treasure chest, the area on the opposite side has a floor switch which activates the door to Mezza Lo, and the area on the right is where the Monk is located.
In order to reach the Monk, the switch at the north end of the room must be pressed down. This can be done by using Magnesis and grabbing the treasure chest that is on the left side, and placing it onto the switch.
As with many Shrine in Breath of the Wild, there are numerous solutions to this puzzle, although it can be a bit tricky. Note that the laser in the room is being blocked by a large metallic block. If this block is moved, the laser will hit the crystal switch, rotating the platform. Link can use Stasis on the laser statue to temporary freeze it, which will cause the laser to strike the crystal when it unfreezes.
Link can also use Magnesis to control the large block and move it between the laser and the crystal, and then drop it, causing the laser to strike the switch again. Link can place a Remote Bomb next to the crystal switch, so that when he is on the third platform opposite, Link can detonate this to activate the crystal switch.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||Santuario de Mezza Lo||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Mezza Lo Shrine
Ancient Trifecta" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know a song about this place. Would you like to hear the ancient verse passed down in this region?" — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- "A beast that wears a crown of bone,
Prancing through the lush green.
Mount the beast upon its throne,
For only then the shrine is seen." — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- "I suppose "the lush green" could refer to this place. But what sort of beast wears a "crown of bone"?" — Kass (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Mezza Lo. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Mezza Lo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero. In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Mezza Lo (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Mezza Lo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Santuario de Mezza Lo" — Map (Breath of the Wild)