Malena in a state of joy
|"Forbidden City Entry"|
"Medicinal Molduga" is one of four Side Quests that must be completed in order to receive the Thunder Helm from Riju as part of "The Thunder Helm". Link can obtain it by speaking to Malena at the Gerudo Town barracks.
Malena explains that she recently married the man of her dreams, but he became sick with a rare illness. To heal her husband, Malena requires Molduga Guts, though she is unable to defeat a Molduga to obtain any. She tried to ask for help from the Gerudo soldiers, but she realizes it is foolish to expect anyone to face such a dangerous monster on her behalf. Malena is ashamed to have had to return to Gerudo Town to seek help.
If Link asks about Moldugas, Malena describes them as savage creatures that are avoided by other monsters, often found in the Toruma Dunes and south of Gerudo Town. In addition, she shares that they are sensitive to vibrations and attack anything that comes close to them. Since they can not be approached nor can anyone be used as bait, Malena wonders what she is to do.
Moldugas can be found in four different places in the Gerudo Desert. These locations are the Toruma Dunes, the Southern Oasis, North Dragon's Exile, and Arbiter's Grounds. Moldugas can be fought while Shield Surfing with the help of a Sand Seal. They can also be fought by detonating Bombs or shooting Bomb Arrows near it. Either one of these strategies creates enough vibration to cause a Molduga to fly out of the sand, where it can be stunned and become vulnerable to Link's attacks.
Once Link defeats a Molduga and obtains Molduga Guts, he can return to Gerudo Town to give them to Malena. She thanks Link by rewarding him with a Gold Rupee, as it is all she has to give him. Malena is brought to tears at the thought of saving her husband, and the Side Quest will be completed.
|1||Malena's husband has fallen ill. He needs the guts of a Molduga in order to get better. The Molduga is a ferocious monster that's sensitive to the slightest vibration, and it attacks anything that comes near it. The woman is desperately looking for help, but nobody seems capable...|
|Complete||You handed over the Molduga guts to Malena to help fix her husband's illness.|
She was overjoyed and left to get her husband healthy again.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||モルドラジークの肝 (Morudorajīku no kimo)|
|ChineseTR||莫爾德拉吉克的肝臟 (Mò ěr dé lā ji kè de gānzàng)|
|Dutch||Een Molduga-hart||A Molduga heart|
|FrenchEU||Li viscère de Moldarquor|
|Italian||Il cuore di moldenottera|
|Korean||몰드라고의 간 (Moldeuragoui gan)|
|Russian||«Сердце молдоры» («Serdtse moldory»)|
|SpanishEU||A por el moldora|
|SpanishLA||Derrota a la moldora|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Gerudo Town
- "The Thunder Helm"
- "The Mystery Polluter"
- "The Search for Barta"
- "Tools of the Trade"
- "Medicinal Molduga
Gerudo Town" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "I... I finally found the voe of my dreams, and I just recently married him... I thought I had finally found happiness..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "But then...my husband fell ill with a rare disease... One difficult to cure." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "The only thing that can save him is the guts of a Molduga..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "But I would never be able to take down such a creature myself..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "I asked the soldiers for help, but... Why would they want to help me? The Molduga is a menacing beast... None who face one escape unscathed... So perhaps it's foolish to expect anyone to stick their neck out for a stranger..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "I thought I'd finally gotten out of this town... Never thought I'd have to come crawling back..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Molduga?] The Molduga is a monster... A terror so savage that even other monsters won't approach it... It's often been spotted west of here, in the Toruma Dunes, and in the south." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's very sensitive to vibrations, and it tends to attack anything that draws near." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can't approach it or even move near it... And you can't use someone as bait... So what am I to do..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Here, take 'em.] Wait, these... Molduga guts! You... You'll give these to me?" — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, sarqso! This is all I have to thank you with, but I insist you take it." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "This will save him... *sniff*" — Malena (Breath of the Wild)