|Master Sword Lv3|
The Master Sword Lv3 is a recurring Item in The Legend of Zelda series.[note 1] It is the ultimate upgrade to the Master Sword and thus the strongest Sword in the games it appears in. The Master Sword Lv3 goes unnamed in Ancient Stone Tablets.
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
In order to obtain the Master Sword Lv3, Link must throw the Master Sword Lv2 into the Mysterious Pond of the Dark World within the Pyramid of Power in A Link to the Past. As a result, the Cursed Fairy will transform it into the Master Sword Lv3. It has a golden blade, green hilt, and is twice as strong as the Master Sword Lv2 (making the Master Sword Lv3 four times as strong as the Master Sword, and eight times as strong as the Fighter's Sword).[verification needed] In the Game Boy Advance version of the game, it also has the ability to break Pots and Skulls.
It is the only sword that can damage Ganon without use of the Spin Attack in the SNES version of the game, although in the GBA version, the Tempered Sword can do so as well, though it deals less damage. Despite being derived from the Master Sword, its artwork has a radically different design to it, namely the ricasso being less apparent in the blade, the Triforce mark being closer to the hilt, and the hilt, aside from being colored green instead of blue, is sleeker and straight-edged rather than thick and curved, as well as lacking the central jewel.
A Link Between Worlds
The Master Sword Lv3 is the Master Sword at its maximum strength in A Link Between Worlds. It is obtained similarly to the Master Sword Lv2, requiring two pieces of Master Ore, but they must be taken to the Blacksmith at the Blacksmith's Forge in Lorule.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マスターソード(レバル3) (Masutā Sōdo (Rebaru Surī))||Master Sword (Level 3)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Master Sword Lv3 is known as the Golden Sword in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc.. However, as this contradicts the name given in Encyclopedia, it is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 131 (ALttP | ALBW)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 142
- "The Master Sword, made ultimate! Now it's the fiercest blade imaginable!" — Gear (A Link Between Worlds)
- "The Master Sword is now at its maximum strength! This is a true hero's weapon!" — N/A (A Link Between Worlds)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 21