Massive Eye is a mini-boss in Phantom Hourglass. It attacks the SS Linebeck when it is near docking at Goron Island. It resembles a large, floating purple and black whale with four tentacle-like fins, large lips, a horned nose and six eyes. The Massive Eye catches the S. S. Linebeck in a Mini Cyclone, dumping it southwest of Goron Island. The ships engine fails at this stage, and thus, during the fight with the Massive Eye, the ship is unable to move.
To defeat the gargantuan opponent, Link must shoot the fish in each of its six eyes twice, using the cannon. The eyes are originally yellow, and turn pink after the first hit, before being destroyed on the second. The Massive Eye will fly in a set pattern above Link's ship, firing yellow energy balls and other common sea enemies at the ship. Link must shoot these down with his cannon to be able to shoot the fish's eyes and to stock the ship up on hearts. The fish will also swoop down and charge the ship, often causing it to lose a heart, but this is unavoidable. When the Massive Eye is defeated, Link and Linebeck can safely dock at Goron Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マッシブアイ (Masshibu Ai)||Massive Eye|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 191
- "Wow! What in the world is this?! ... Whoa! That was crazy! Who did that cyclone think it was, anyway?" — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "The engine is soaked... We're stuck!" — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "A monster like that, who knows how to deal with it... Maybe... OH! FIRE! Fire! Fire! And fire some more! Yeah, as long as you keep shooting, we just might survive this. I'll man the machinery, you just aim and fire!" — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Wow, how'd we do that?! We sent it to the bottom of the sea, Link! And, hey! The engine's had a chance to dry out! So set our course. Let's go!" — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)