|Mark of the Triforce|
The Adventure of Link
The Mark of the Triforce appears on Link's hand on his sixteenth birthday, identifying him as the one who must place six Crystals in the Palaces around Hyrule, dispelling the barrier placed on the Great Palace by the soon-to-die King of Hyrule to protect the Triforce of Courage from those who would misuse its powers.
When Link shows it to Impa, she presses his hand against a door in North Castle that has never been opened in many years, revealing the slumbering Princess Zelda. Impa then explains the Tragedy of Zelda I to Link, while giving him the crystals and a scroll that reveals to the hero his new objective.
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Seasons, Link possesses the Mark of the Triforce on his hand, but it is unknown if he had it prior to his first summons by the Triforce at the beginning of the game played first, or if he was branded with it by the relic when sent on his journey.
Oracle of Seasons
Din notices Link's mark and comments that the bearer is destined to meet a special fate. After which, she nearly tells Link something, but thinks better of it and leads him in another dance before Onox interrupts and attacks.
In the non-linked ending, some monsters close in on an unsuspecting Link and Din, but flee when Link's mark glows.
Oracle of Ages
When Veran attempted to infiltrate the Forest of Time in Labrynna, she was obstructed by a barrier, one she couldn't slip past even when possessing Impa, who was granted access in advance. Only Link is able to push the stone aside, unknowingly allowing Veran to get to Nayru. Veran had noticed that the triangle on the stone was a sign, and deduced that Link, bearing the Mark of the Triforce, would be able to bypass it for her.
Link is shown to have the Mark of the Triforce on his left hand, likely showing his possession of the Triforce of Courage.
The Mark of the Triforce is given to Link by Zelda as proof that he is Hylia's Chosen Hero who can wield the power of the Triforce. It first appears on his right hand when she uses her power as the Goddess to bless him and his Master Sword, transforming the Sword into the True Master Sword and recognizing Link as the Chosen Hero.
- "Link, before I say another word, I feel like I owe you an apology. You see, the mark of the Triforce on your hand is a symbol of the greatest power in this world." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "The mark you see upon the back of your hand is proof that you are the hero of legend and that within you dwells sacred power. It is the mark of the Triforce. Stand now, Link. Draw your sword." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "During your long journey, you've grown so much. You learned wisdom from solving devious puzzles and traps. You gained power by honing and tempering both yourself and your sword. And by overcoming the trials set before you by the goddess, you've found true courage. Now that those qualities reside in you, you are worthy of wielding the power the old gods left behind for our kind. You can claim the Triforce." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Valiant hero, you have endured many hardships and journeyed far in your quest to reach this place. Along your travels you have found wisdom, power, and courage, and for this I shall bless your sword with the goddess's power. May it give you and your sword the strength to drive back the abomination that threatens this land!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "The goddess has blessed your blade, and the Master Sword has at last achieved its ultimate form! The sword is now imbued with the mythical power to drive back demons, and only Link may wield it!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)