Mallara spends most of her time at home, but, despite being there all the time, never bothers to clean it. After completing the Lanayru Mining Facility, she will ask Link to clean it for her by using the Gust Bellows to blow away all the dust. If he does, he will receive five Gratitude Crystals the first time he completes the task. From that point on she will pay Link 20 Rupees to clean the house. She will ask Link not to tell Pipit this, however.
If Link returns at night, he will unintentionally overhear Pipit reprimanding at her for spending his hard-earned money, which she could use to buy bread, on having someone else do a job she could do herself. However, undeterred, she will continue to ask Link to clean for her. Once the chore is completed, Link can speak to her to acquire his 20 Rupees, or choose to leave, in essence doing the job for free, though there is no benefit to doing so.
Mallara's name is derived from mallard, a wild duck.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Mallara from Hyrule Historia
- "She is famed for her dislike of chores, especially cleaning, even though she prefers a clean house." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 294
- "This is Pipit's house. His mother, Mallara, can't stand cleaning up, so their house is always in various states of uncleanliness." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "It's just that I hate cleaning, you know. It would be great if someone would clean the place up for me..." — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- "Pipit is always telling me to do some dusting around here, but I just can't bring myself to do it. That's why I wanted to ask you if you wouldn't mind cleaning it for me." — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- "Most of the time I just wait for a good strong wind to come along and blow the dust away. So look, I don't really care how you get the job done--I just want you to blow it all away for me." — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- "...I can't let you go without your reward. Watch out--there's some big money coming... BAM, 20 Rupees!" — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- "Don't tell Pipit about this. He'll only get angry at me for spending money on something he thinks I should be doing myself." — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- "It's been obvious lately that you've been giving someone Rupees to clean the house! I gave you that money so you could buy some bread!" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "Hi there, Link. Pipit is really angry with me... He said I shouldn't be spending our money on a housekeeper.... But...you're not exactly a housekeeper, are you, Link? That makes it OK, doesn't it? Anyway, that's good enough for me. As far as I'm concerned, I'll pay you to clean my house anytime it gets dusty." — Mallara (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 30 (SS)