Template:Character Malanya is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Malanya is the god who watches over the horses of the world. He makes his home in the Faron Region in Malanya Spring near the Lake of the Horse God, though he has been trapped in a Great Fairy Fountain-like flower bud for a unspecified length of time, and requires 1,000 Rupees to regain his power. Once Link procures the necessary Rupees, Malanya will offer to revive a horse the young hero loves that has died over the course of his journey.
Malanya is usually calm and refined, though he will occasionally loudly threaten Link if he believes the hero is mistreating horses; he always follows this up by claiming he was merely jesting, however.
- Malanya's theme music, which plays in Malanya's Spring after you have paid him 1,000 Rupees, is a combination of the Lon Lon Ranch theme from Ocarina of Time (itself an expanded version of Epona's Song) and the Great Fairy Fountain music.
|Names in Other Regions|
- BotW Horse God Malanya.png
Malanya going back into the fountain
- "My name is Malanya. I am the god who watches over the horses of this world." — Malanya (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ho ho ho... At last! Free of that tiny bud after so long!" — Malanya (Breath of the Wild)
- "So please... I beg of you... Help me regain the power I've lost... All I need is 1,000 rupees... When my power has been restored, I should be able to be of use to you, who loves horses so." — Malanya (Breath of the Wild)
- "If a horse you love passes away from some sort of tragic, fatal accident, it is within my power to revive that horse..." — Malanya (Breath of the Wild)
- "However... If I detect vile intent behind the death of your horse... You will suffer my wrath!" — Malanya (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hahaha, I only jest..." — Malanya (Breath of the Wild)
- Given Name MA, behindthename.com.
- Given Name LAN, behindthename.com.
- Given Name YA, behindthename.com.