Location and Uses
The Letter is obtained and used during a sidequest available in Windfall Island after rescuing Aryll in Forsaken Fortress. The letter can be obtained after Maggie returns to Windfall Island and becomes rich. She tells Link about Moe the Moblin, who supposedly is in love with her, and gives him this letter to be deposited in the postbox. After doing this and waiting until the next day, Link returns to the Auction House and finds Maggie's Father arguing with Ilari, one of the Rito postmen. Once the postman leaves, Link goes to the Coffee Shop; in there, he finds Ilari and is requested by him to give Moe's Letter to Maggie (since Ilari himself couldn't). Bringing this letter to Maggie will result in Link being rewarded with a Piece of Heart.
- The front of the letter reads "Majū Tou" (Forsaken Fortress) and "Mō Sama He" (To Mr. Moe) in Modern Hylian. The Japanese suffix "-sama" indicates great respect and is closer to "lord" than Mr., confirming Maggie's affection for Moe.
- The back reads "Magī Yori" (From Maggie).
- It is unknown how Maggie's Letter was delivered to Moe or how Moe was able to respond, as no Moblins appear in the Forsaken Fortress after Valoo attacks Ganondorf, yet it is only after this that Maggie's Letter can be delivered.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 130
- "When I think of my precious little Moe... Troo di loo la la! I can't sleep at night... Why doesn't he write me back?" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "He was so kind to me in the Forsaken Fortress. That sweet boy who gave me all those expensive necklaces when I fled from that cursed island..." — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "My father has been so strict with me lately. He won't let me out of the house! That's why I need you to take this letter -this note to Moe- and drop it into the postbox for me. Please, troo di loo la!" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "Silence! I'm telling you we don't allow postmen here! Begone! Begone!" — Maggie's Father (The Wind Waker)
- "Don't be ridiculous! I went through great trials and tribulations to go all the way to the Forsaken Fortress and return with Moe's letter..." — Ilari (The Wind Waker)
- "I came to deliver a letter addressed to Maggie from a Moblin named Moe, but as you saw, the girl's stubborn father won't permit me to give it to her." — Ilari (The Wind Waker)
- "I have an idea. That old fool may not permit postmen on his premises... But surely he would allow YOU in the place, would he not? Could you deliver this letter to Maggie in my stead?" — Ilari (The Wind Waker)
- "This is Moe. I... like... you... ...Ma...ggie... ...so...much...that... ...I...want...to... ...eat you...for dinner." — Moblin's Letter (The Wind Waker)
- "Did you hear that? Those words? This means... I mean, it must mean... Can it be...?!? Is this his marriage proposal?" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "It must be! At last, my feelings have been conveyed to Moe! At last he understands how I feel!" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)