Location and Uses
Prior to the events in The Minish Cap, Ezlo, a Minish, created a Cap that was able to make the wishes of its wearer come true. It was intended to be a gift for the humans, but Vaati, his apprentice, took it for himself. The first things Vaati did were to change himself into a Hylian and his master into a hat. After that, he planned to use his new powers to obtain the Light Force. He did manage to steal some of it, and as such considered himself powerful enough to take on Link; however, he was defeated, leaving only the Mage's Cap behind. Ezlo told Princess Zelda to combine her power with that of the Mage's Cap in order to undo all the damage done by Vaati. After that, the Cap overflowed with magic, and as a result it fell apart and lost its power.
Interestingly, when Vaati wears the hat, it turns a dark, near black purple, yet when Princess Zelda wears it, it retains its shape. The jewel in the center of the Cap also briefly turns into an eye when Vaati uses it to transform into a sorcerer.
The Minish Cap (Himekawa)
In the The Minish Cap manga by Akira Himekawa, the curses are broken when Link defeats Vaati. Instead of having Princess Zelda use the Cap to return Kingdom of Hyrule to normal, Ezlo transforms it into Link's trademark cap.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 79
- "Ezlo, you really are too kind. First, you gave me my magic cap, and then you guide me here!" — Vaati (The Minish Cap)
- "Hmm-hmm! The hat is breaking apart. It's overflowing with the power of life! The hat has the power to turn the thoughts of its wearer into reality. Vaati's heart was filled with evil, and that was reflected in what he became. But it seems that Zelda's pure heart, coupled with the hat's power...has created a miracle!" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "That foul Vaati! What could he be scheming now? Link... I feel I owe you an explanation of what has happened. You see, Vaati and I are both Minish. I was once a famous sage and a renowned Minish craftsman. Vaati was only a boy when I took him on as my apprentice. But...he became enchanted by the wickedness in the hearts of men. One day, Vaati took a hat I made for the humans--my pride and joy. It granted the wishes of its wearer. He put it on without my permission..." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "If one with a just heart wears this cap, things can be made right again. Princess Zelda! Let your wishes be made real!" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)