Features and Overview
in Link's Awakening, Mabe Village is a small settlement located in the southwestern area of Koholint Island, and is the first location on the island that Link visits. It is here that Link is nursed back to health by Marin and his adventure on the island begins. After waking up in Marin and Tarin's House and receiving his Shield from Tarin, Link travels to Toronbo Shores where he finds his Sword, and begins his quest to wake the Wind Fish. The Village is relatively small and contains only four houses—one less than its sister city, Animal Village. Marin and Tarin's House is located in the middle of the Village, just south of the Weather Vane. Madam MeowMeow's House lies to the west of the Village near the entrance to the Mysterious Forest. South of Madam MeowMeow's House is Old Man Ulrira's House, where Old Man Ulrira and Grandma Yahoo live. In the very north of the Village, west of the Dream Shrine, is the Quadruplets House where the Quadruplet Family reside.
The Library is located in the southwest corner of the Village, which houses many Books containing helpful information. Just north of the Library is a Well that Link can enter to find a Piece of Heart. South of the Library is the way to the South of the Village region, and north of the Well is the entrance to the Mysterious Forest. North of Madam MeowMeow's House is the Fishing Pond, where Link can spend 10 Rupees to go Fishing. Link can also obtain a Piece of Heart here. In the south of the Village, east of Old Man Ulrira's House, is a Telephone Booths.
The Village also contains two shops. In the northeast of the Village, west of the entrance to Ukuku Prairie, is the Town Tool Shop. Here Link can buy helpful items such as Bombs, Hearts, and Arrows, as well as major items such as the Shovel and the Bow. In the southeast of the Village is the Trendy Game, where Link can play a crane game for 10 Rupees. Link can obtain many items here, most notably the Yoshi Doll, the first item in the Trading Quest. In between the two shops is a large patch of Grass that Link can cut down to find a Secret Seashell.
In the very center of the Village is the Weather Vane, where Link can learn the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" from Marin once he has obtained the Ocarina from the Dream Shrine. After learning the "Frog's Song of Soul" from Mamu, Link can revive the Flying Rooster in the hidden room beneath the Weather Vane. Finally, in the northeastern region of the Village and east of the Quadruplets House, is the Dream Shrine. It can only be entered once Link has obtained the Power Bracelet.
In Link's Awakening DX, five Photographs of The Travels of Link can be obtained in Mabe Village. The first can be obtained by walking up to the window outside of Old Man Ulrira's House. The Photographer will then appear and take a picture of Grandpa Ulrira talking on the phone. The second photo is obtained by walking up to BowWow after returning him to Madam MeowMeow. The Photographer will appear and take a picture of BowWow and Link playing. The third can be obtained by stealing an item from the Town Tool Shop. It will automatically be added to the photo album. The last two Photographs can only be obtained while Link is escorting Marin. For the first one, Link must jump into the Well north of the Village Library. The Photographer will appear and take a picture of Marin landing on Link. For the second one, Link and Marin must approach the Weathercock. Tarin will come along and a picture will be taken of the three of them.
Link's Awakening (Cagiva)
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
In Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Mabe Village is located in Hyrule Field, south of Hyrule Castle. Mabe Village can be visited during "The Battle of Hyrule Field" Scenario. Mabe Village was later destroyed and seen later in Breath of the Wild as the Mabe Village Ruins.
The name Mabe is derived from the Japanese version's name for the Village,メーベ (Mēbe), which may have actually been derived from Möwe, the German word for "seagull." This would be appropriate, given Marin's strong association with seagulls. The Village is even called Mövendorf in the German version, and Village des Mouettes in the French version, which means "village of seagulls" in both languages.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||メーベの村 (Mēbe no Mura) (LANS)||Mēbe Village|
|FrenchCA||Village des Mouettes (LANS)||Seagull Village|
|FrenchEU||Village des Mouettes (LANS)||Seagull Village|
|German||Mövendorf (LANS)||Derived from Möwe (Seagull) and Dorf (Village).|
|Italian||Villaggio Mabe (LANS)||Mabe Village|
|SpanishEU||Aldea Mabe (LANS)|
|SpanishLA||Aldea Mabe (LANS)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Mabe Village" — N/A (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "Mabe Village" — Map (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "The maiden from Mabe village saved your life when she found you washed up on the beach." (Link's Awakening manual, pg. 28)
- "Well, Link, ya finally snapped out of it... Name's Tarin. Hope yer feelin' better... What? How did I know your name? You think it's weird, eh? Well, I saw it on back of this shield!" — Tarin (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "Hey! Did ya know Animal Village and Mabe Village are sister cities? Yes, even though they aren't large enough to be called cities... Anyway, I heard from a very good source that they have a Dream Shrine in Mabe, and that it has something good inside... Is that true?" — Rabbit (Link's Awakening DX)
- "'BRRING! BRRING! Ulrira speaking! You know, there is a library in the village that might have some good information for you! Talk to you later! CLICK!'" — Grandpa Ulrira (Link's Awakening DX)
- "How about some fishing, little buddy? I'll only charge you 10 Rupees..." — Fisherman (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Oh! It's a big one! And it has a Piece of Heart, too! You get a 20 Rupee prize on top of that! Try again?" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "TRENDY GAME! One play: 10 rupees." — Trendy Gamester (Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch)
- "Hey! That's a nice Ocarina you have there! Will you accompany me as I sing?" — Marin (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Wow! The Rooster has recovered! He seems very friendly!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "I'll call this 'Link Discovers Ulrira's Secret!'" — Photographer (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hey, that looks great! I'll call it 'Link Plays With BowWow!' Now get closer to BowWow!" — Photographer (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hi! I'm the photographer! What a great photo moment! I'll call this 'Heads Up!'" — Photographer (Link's Awakening DX)
- "I use this to take pictures. Are you ready? Say 'mushroom!'" — Photographer (Link's Awakening DX)
- Wiktionary: Möwe
|Regions in Link's Awakening|
|Click on an area|