The interior of the Lumpy Pumpkin from Skyward Sword.
Features and Overview
In Skyward Sword, the Lumpy Pumpkin is a pumpkin-shaped bar located on Pumpkin Landing. The Lumpy Pumpkin is owned by Pumm and his daughter, Kina. Kina works as a waitress, and Pumm works as a bartender. The pub is famous for its Pumpkin Soup, known all over the world for its ability to restore health, and many bird riders come here to rest.
If Link talks to Kina, she will tell him to ignore the Rupees and Piece of Heart atop the room's chandelier. Throughout the Lumpy Pumpkin, Link can read notes warning customers not to knock down the fancy chandelier. If he walks up the staircase and rolls into the balcony twice in rapid succession, the chandelier will collapse; Link can now go back down to the first floor and collect the Rupees and the Piece of Heart. However, Pumm will scold Link for his actions and makes him work at the Lumpy Pumpkin for free to pay off the cost of the chandelier by delivering Pumpkin Soup, storing Pumpkins for harvest, and playing his Goddess's Harp along with Kina's singing to entertain the patrons. After accomplishing these tasks, Pumm will announce that Link is done paying his dues and rewards him a Piece of Heart for his all his hard work. Pumm then proceeds to buy a new chandelier to replace the old one. Alternatively, Link can choose to not complete the tasks Pumm assigned him and exit the pub after breaking the chandelier, but he will not be able to obtain the Piece of Heart from Pumm until he does.
When Link is searching for a means of communicating with Levias in the Thunderhead, Pumm gives him a large basin full of Pumpkin Soup as an offering, which he can transport there using LD-301S Scrapper.
|Hot Pumpkin Soup||10 Rupees|
- Many of the characters in the Lumpy Pumpkin vaguely resemble the characters in Telma's Bar from Twilight Princess. Keet resembles Shad, Rusta resembles Auru, Kina resembles Ashei and Pumm resembles Telma.
- Pumm and Kina's names, when put together (Pumm-Kina), form a pun on the word "pumpkin".
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 36 (SS)
- "The Lumpy Pumpkin is a little gathering spot on an oblong island to the southeast of Skyloft. The owner's daughter, Kina, works there. She has the most lovely voice." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "Their famous pumpkin soup is popular in Skyloft for its nutrient content and revitalizing properties." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Welcome to every bird rider's favorite rest stop, the Lumpy Pumpkin!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "Have the Rupees sitting on top of the chandelier caught your eye? Don't go thinking that you can get those down, you hear? You might think that you could knock the Rupees down by bumping something and making the chandelier shake, but... Don't even think about it! Are we clear?" — Kina (Skyward Sword)
- "No roughhousing on the balcony! Big ruckuses cause the chandelier to shake." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "What is wrong with you?! Just look at what you've done! You broke my fancy, custom-ordered chandelier! You're going to be working for me for free until you pay off every single Rupee that chandelier cost me!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "Go on out and talk with Kina. I need you to help her with the pumpkin harvest!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "I got it! I've got the perfect job for you! But that job can only be done at night. Wait until nightfall and come back and see me, all right? Hey, it's you! Oh, I know that look. You're fixing to play that harp of yours, aren't you?" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "All right then! Hey! Kina! ... This kid is going to accompany you while you sing! Now how about letting your Pops hear that beautiful voice of yours, eh?!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "With this, I say we're even! You don't have to work for me anymore. Great job! [...] Considering all the hard work you put in around here, I feel like I should give you a little something. Take this!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "You know, I'm going to buy a new chandelier to replace that old one! It really fancied up the place." — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "Levias... What about him? Sure, I know Levias well, but I wasn't aware anything was wrong... Every year I offer him an entire basin full of my pumpkin soup! But lately a huge thunderhead has been brewing there, and I haven't yet made this year's offering. I tell you, I feel horrible about it! You say you'll deliver a pot of my soup to Levias? Huh. I don't know how you plan to fly into that huge thunderhead brewing out there, but... If that's the case though, I'm going to do everything I can to make Levias the best batch of soup ever! You wait right here! I'm getting inspired to fire up some soup like I've never souped before!" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)