|Lon Lon Ranch|
Features and Overview
Ocarina of Time
The Lon Lon Ranch is the home to Talon, Malon, Ingo, and Epona in Ocarina of Time. It is located in the center of Hyrule and is owned by Talon. It is a small farm, with one house area and a barn to keep horses and cows safe. It also has a paddock that can exercise the horses daily. The ranch raises Cuccos, horses, and cows. They make a profit by selling off the famous Lon Lon Milk that the cows make to the people of Hyrule. An empty Bottle can be won here as young Link from Talon after winning the Super Cucco-findin' Game. A storage tower at the back of the ranch, directly behind the paddock, houses a Piece of Heart, as well as two cows. A Secret Grotto can also be found to the left of the paddock as child Link only.
When Link first visits the ranch as a child, Malon introduces him to Epona, a young horse. The farm girl goes on to teach Link "Epona's Song", and Link can play this melody to beckon Epona to him, but he cannot yet ride the horse. Seven years later, Link returns to the ranch to find that it has been taken over by Ingo with the help of Ganondorf and has been renamed to Ingo Ranch. As a result, Talon was kicked out of the ranch, and Malon is forced to obey Ingo's orders or else the horses will be mistreated.
For a fee of 10 Rupees, Link can ride the horses in the ranch. For an additional fee of 50 Rupees after riding once, he can race Ingo for the chance to keep the horse (namely, Epona, as she is the fastest). After losing, he will challenge Link again, this time wagering Epona. Upon being defeated yet again, he keeps his promises and hands over Epona to Link; however, he closes the gates of the ranch, intending to prevent the young hero from leaving the ranch. Link easily jumps over the gate by using Epona, and when he returns to the ranch, he finds that it has returned to its normal state. After losing the horse he had set aside for Ganondorf, Ingo turns the ranch over to Malon, and becomes a much happier and much more humble person after the experience. Malon also informs Link that her father will be returning to the ranch soon, and thanks Link for all that he has done.
Link can speak to Malon to take part in a small obstacle course and test his skills by using Epona. The goal is to complete two laps around the racetrack in the fastest time possible while jumping the set fences without missing one. If Link beats the obstacle course record, Malon will reward him by delivering a cow to his house in Kokiri Forest, so that he can easily obtain free Lon Lon Milk at any time.
Four Swords Adventures
Lon Lon Ranch can be found in The Field in Four Swords Adventures. Upon arriving to the field, Link encounters a girl named Malon standing all alone. She tells the young traveler that she was running errands, but just as she was about to head back to her home, it started raining; furthermore, the castle guards were moving all the cannons and even aimed their bows at her. Helpless, she asks the four Links if she can accompany them until she gets back to Lon Lon Ranch with her father, Talon. Unlike Ocarina of Time, the ranch has no cows or horses to be seen, and there are no buildings except for the house in which the two farm owners live.
As thanks for saving his daughter, Talon allows Link to use his horse to make his journey through the fields much easier. Link can grab one of the carrots that are encased in a crystal ball and throw it on the ground to make the horses magically appear, which the young hero will mount automatically.
The Minish Cap
|At Lon Lon Ranch (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
At Lon Lon Ranch
|This small ranch lies just outside|
Hyrule Town. Father-and-daughter
team Talon and Malon run it, and they
sell the finest milk in Hyrule!
Lon Lon Ranch is an area located in eastern Hyrule in The Minish Cap. It connects to five other areas: the Eastern Hills to the south, Hyrule Town to the west, Lake Hylia to the east, North Hyrule Field to the northwest, and Veil Falls to the north.
Malon and her father, Talon, live at the Lon Lon Ranch along with their Cows. After Link fails to cross Castor Wilds, Malon and Talon will be locked out of their home. In order to reach Lake Hylia, Link must shrink himself to the size of a Minish, enter the Ranch house, break a Jar containing their Spare Key, and return it to them. As thanks, Talon will grant Link free passage through his Ranch.
Located on the Ranch is a tree that can be rammed with the Pegasus Boots to create a Minish Portal and a cave that leads to a Treasure Chest containing 50 Rupees and Ankle, who will fuse Kinstone Pieces with Link. Link can also fuse Kinstones with Elsie, one of the cows, if he is in Minish form. Link can also buy Milk from Malon and Epona in Hyrule Town.
Minor Enemies and Traps
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
In Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Lon Lon Ranch is located in Hyrule Field, south of Hyrule Castle and next to Mabe Village. It is modeled after its appearance in Ocarina of Time. Lon Lon Ranch can be visited during "The Battle of Hyrule Field" Scenario. Lon Lon Ranch was later destroyed and seen later in Breath of the Wild as the Ranch Ruins.
- Though Lon Lon Ranch does not appear in A Link Between Worlds, the Milk Bar Owner claims that his Milk is from there.
- Although Lon Lon Ranch is not a location in Breath of the Wild, a ruined version of the Lon Lon Ranch from Ocarina of Time called Ranch Ruins can be found in Hyrule Field.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ロンロン牧場 (Ron Ron Bokujō) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 240,(OoT) 272 (TMC)
- "Oh, great! Thanks! My name's Malon! I'm from the Lon Lon Ranch right up the road. It's not very far... Thanks, again!" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "Talon and Malon's / Lon Lon Ranch" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "Kid, have you been to Lon Lon Ranch? Their milk is delicious! There are many horses there, and the young daughter of the ranch owner is cute!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "This small ranch lies just outside Hyrule Town. Father-and-daughter team Talon and Malon run it, and they sell the finest milk in Hyrule!" — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Yep, I'm Talon, the owner of Lon Lon Ranch." — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh yeah, I have to introduce you to my friend, fairy boy! She's this horse. Her name is Epona. Isn't she cute?" — Malon (Ocarina of Time)
- "Ingo took over Lon Lon Ranch and they call it Ingo Ranch nowadays. I was kicked out of there, and look at me now! My girl, Malon, still works at the ranch... I'm worried about her..." — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- "There are some people in Kakariko spreading rumors that I cheated Talon out of the ranch, but... Don't be ridiculous! That guy Talon was weak! I, the hard-working Ingo, poured so much energy into this place! I don't want any strangers like you saying anything bad about me! Listen. The great Ganondorf recognized my obvious talents and gave the ranch to me!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "If I disobey Mr. Ingo, he will treat the horses so badly... So... There's nothing I can do..." — Malon (Ocarina of Time)
- "Say, young man, do you want to ride one of my fine horses?Pay me 10 Rupees and you can ride." — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "You're getting better!How about a little race with me? One lap around the corral with that horse. Let's make a little wager, say 50 Rupees?" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "Sh-shoooot! If the great Ganondorf found out about this humiliation... Hey, you!! How about another race! If you win... You can keep...the horse!!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "As I promised, I'll give the horse to you... However... I'll never let you leave this ranch!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "I was going to present that horse to the great Ganondorf... But I bet it on the race and lost! Shooot!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hi there, how are you? I am Ingo. I feel so honored to be allowed to work here." — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "Now my dad is coming back...I can't believe it, but peace is returning to this ranch! It's all because of you! I owe you so much! Thank you! Thank you, Link!" — Malon (Ocarina of Time)
- "Like today! I was coming home after running errands but...I couldn't get back. I mean, it started raining, and the castle guards were moving all the cannons..." — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "The soldiers in the castle were behaving so oddly, and I couldn't get past them. They were moving the old cannons around...and they even aimed their bows at me!" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "Say, if you're all going on ahead, take me with you! You're friends with the green fairy, so of course it's OK, right?" — Malon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "I've got it! If you're going to continue your trip, you should go on horseback! Those castle guards are sure to be headed this way, and there are more ahead, too. You'll be much safer riding my swift horses, I'm sure!" — Talon (Four Swords Adventures)
- "I lost my key, and I can't get inside. And the spare key's inside the house!" — Talon (The Minish Cap)
- "What a pain. And I was thinking of going into town to sell Lon Lon Milk." — Malon (The Minish Cap)
- "You got the Lon Lon Ranch key! Now you can open the ranch door!" — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "Oh! Our one and only spare key! I don't know how you got this, but I can't thank you enough! Tell me your name, sonny. Link? Thats a great name. If you ever need to go to Lake Hylia, feel free to cut through our house." — Talon (The Minish Cap)
- "You really helped me out, sonny. If you ever want to go to Lake Hylia, use the shortcut out behind our ranch." — Talon (The Minish Cap)
- "Oh, Mr. Fairy. Hello. My brother Tingle is always telling us about you. He says he owes a lot to you fairies, and I know he'd want me to thank you. In fact, he gave me some Kinstone pieces that you might want to fuse! What do you say? Want to try it?" — Ankle (The Minish Cap)
- "They fit perfectly. Why...I can see my brother's smiling face..." — Ankle (The Minish Cap)
- "Welcome! How about a glass of cold milk fresh from Lon Lon Ranch?" — Milk Bar Owner (A Link Between Worlds)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 155
|Regions in Ocarina of Time|
Click on a location
|Locations in The Minish Cap|
|Click on a location|