|Little Sister's Big Request|
|Location||South Akkala Stable|
This Side Quest can be obtained from Jana, a worker at the South Akkala Stable. Initially, Jana is dismissive towards Link and will ask him what he wants. If Link says he is just hanging out, Jana will be suspicious of him but asks that he leaves her alone, as she is thinking about something. During this time, if Link speaks to Jana's little sister, Gleema, she will share that Jana loves Armoranths.
When Link speaks to Jana with at least one Armoranth in his Inventory, she will take notice and ask for it. If Link allows her to take it, Jana states that, since he had her favorite plant, she may be able to get along with him. She asks what Link is doing in Akkala, and if he responds that he is a traveler or an adventurer, she will have a request.
Jana shares that Gleema is a fan of Insects, which she does not understand. She knows that there is a Insect that Gleema wants to see, but she will not tell her what it is. She asks Link to talk with Gleema and see if he can figure out what she wants to see, as it is for Gleema's birthday. This begins the Side Quest.
Gleema will tell Link that she has a secret when he speaks to her, and she asks if he wants to know it. She reveals that Jana hates dragonflies. Once, she saw a picture of a Warm Darner, a Cold Darner, and an Electric Darner in a book, but Jana thought their eyes were creepy and was upset. Gleema is shocked when he remembers that was a secret and believes that Jana will be mad. However, Gleema believes the only reason Jana did not like them was because of the up-close pictures, and she thinks real dragonflies would be cute. When she grows up, Gleema wants to travel the world and meet dragonflies.
Returning to Jana, she is shocked to hear that Gleema wants to see a Warm Darner, a Cold Darner, and an Electric Darner. She realizes that Gleema did not tell her because of how much she dislikes them. Since it is for her birthday, Jana asks Link to bring her the three different dragonflies for Gleema's surprise.[note 1]
Warm Darners are common in Hyrule Field and the Akkala Highlands. Cold Darners can be found on Hyrule Ridge and in cold areas, such as the Tabantha Frontier. Finally, Electric Darners are also found on Hyrule Ridge, specifically around Rutile Lake, but they can also be located within the Gerudo Canyon. In addition, Beedle sells certain dragonflies depending on his location.
When Link returns to South Akkala Stable with the dragonflies, Jana will ask for them. However, she is unable to bring herself to take them from Link, and she tells Link to give them to Gleema for her.
At first, Gleema is intrigued to hear that Link has something for her. She is shocked to see the dragonflies and asks if they are really for her. Excitedly, she calls out to Jana and runs to show her the dragonflies. Jana yells at her to stop, before eventually screeching in terror.
After Jana has calmed down, she decides to thank Link for catching the dragonflies. She gives him a Silver Rupee. She explains to Link that while she is okay with other Insects, she can not stand dragonflies. With a sigh, she tells herself to take a deep breath. Once she is done speaking, the Side Quest ends.
|1||Jana wants to give her insect-loving little sister, Gleema, a birthday gift. But no matter what how many times Jana asks, Gleema won't tell her what kind of bug she wants.|
You should talk to Gleema for the full story.
|2||Gleema told you that she loves dragonflies above all other insects, but Jana can't stand the sight of them. You now understand why Gleema can't tell her sister what she wants.|
You'll have to tell Jana so the two of you can decide what to do.
|3||Despite Jana's severe aversion to dragonflies, she's determined to give her little sister the birthday gift she wants.|
Bring Jana one warm darner, one cold darner, and one electric darner.
|4||Unsurprisingly, Jana couldn't bring herself to take the dragonflies from you.|
Give Gleema the warm darner, cold darner, and electric darner yourself.
|5||You gave Gleema the warm darner, cold darner, and electric darner.|
In her excitement, she forgot herself and rushed to show Jana. Can Jana's nerves take the strain?
|Complete||You gave Gleema the warm darn, cold darner, and electric darner.|
Jana gave you a reward for all your trouble.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||小さな妹の大きな願い (Chīsana imōto no ōkina negai)|
|ChineseTR||小妹妹的大願望 (Xiǎo mèimei de dà yuànwàng)|
|Dutch||Cadeautje voor mijn zusje|
|German||Kleine, große Wünsche|
|Italian||Un regalo per la sorellina|
|Korean||작은 동생의 큰 소원 (Jageun dongsaengui keun sowon)|
|Russian||«Подарок сестренке» («Podarok sestryonke»)|
|SpanishLA||Todo por mi hermanita|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- If Link already has all three dragonflies, he will not have to go looking for them.
- "Little Sister's Big Request
South Akkala Stable" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "What do YOU want?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'm just hanging out...] We'll see about that... I'm thinking about something right now... Can you please not bother me?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "My big sister, Jana, loves armoranth!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmmm... What's that? What do you have there? That's armoranth, isn't it?! Could you...um...maybe give me some?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "For you to be walking around with my favorite plant... It seems you and I may just get along after all." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Akkala is famous for... Well, nothing. So I have to ask... What could you possibly have come here for?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "I see... A traveler, eh? In that case, I have a request for you." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "My little sister, Gleema, is a huge fan of insects. I know, I don't get it either." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "But apparently there's a certain insect she's dying to see in real life. She won't tell me about it, though. I suppose there are some things you just can't talk about with those you're closest to." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anyway, would you mind talking to her and trying to figure out which silly insect she's so crazy about?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's for her birthday... Think of it as a special birthday favor. Ooh, or even a birthday quest. Look, just do it, OK?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, guess what! I have? A SECRET! Wanna know what it is?!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "♪Tee heeeee!♪ OK, I'm gonna tell you! Ready? Here it coooooomes! My big sister, Jana, hates dragonflies!" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "I once saw pictures of a warm darner, a cold darner, and an electric darner in a book..." — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "But when I showed them to Jana, she said their eyes were creepy and got mad." — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "... Oh... That was a secret, wasn't it?! Jana is gonna be mad at me again!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "But I think that's because the pictures were all up close and stuff! I bet real ones are super cute!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "When I grow up, I wanna travel the world and meet some real dragonflies!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "No... now way! Of all things, she wants to see a gross dragonfly?! A warm darner, a cold darner, AND an electric darner? Three different types?!" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ugggh... Anything but dragonflies... Just thinking about their eyes makes me feel sick. I see. So Gleema knows that I despise dragonflies, and that's why she wouldn't tell me how much she loves them..." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, this is her birthday wish... I didn't have a choice. Bring me a warm darner, cold darner, and electric darner, please. I want to surprise Gleema, so don't tell her about this!" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey... You already found them all, didn't you?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Have you secured a warm darner, cold darner, and electric darner? *gulp* Right... In that case, may I have them?" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "... ... Ewww... BAH! I CAN'T DO THIS! Please give them to her...just...give them to Gleema yourself!" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "[These are for you.] Really? What is it? What is it?!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "WOW! Real-life dragonflies!! Are these really for me?!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, Big Sis! Lookee, lookee! It's a real life warm darner! And a cold darner and an electric darner too!! I'll bring 'em over so you can see!" — Gleema (Breath of the Wild)
- "HEY! Cut it out!!" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "EEEEEEK!!" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey. I've managed to calm down. Somehow." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now then... I must thank you for catching those dragonflies." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Here, take this." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm find with most insects. The only ones I simply can't stand are dragonflies. When I think about them looking at me with those evil eyes... *shudder*" — Jana (Breath of the Wild)
- "*sigh* That was rough. OK... I need to take a deep breath." — Jana (Breath of the Wild)