- Not to be confused with the Ceremonial Trident.
Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
It is a variant of the Zora Spear used by the Zora Champion Princess Mipha before her death during the Great Calamity. Even though Mipha preferred to use her healing abilities, it's said that she was talented with this spear as well. King Dorephan had the story of the Lightscale Trident written on one of the Zora Stone Monuments. The spear was made as a gift for Mipha by Dento to celebrate her birth. Sergeant Seggin was the one who taught Mipha her skill with the trident.
When Mipha did not return after the Great Calamity, the people of Zora's Domain mourned her. They tried to send the Lightscale Trident down Zora River in an attempt to put her spirit to rest. However, the trident began to glow, and Mipha's voice was heard. She told the Zora that she was one with the Lightscale Trident, and they should forget their grief and focus on remembering her. As a result, the Zora celebrate the Champion Festival and honor the Lightscale Trident on the anniversary of the Great Calamity.
However, if Link speaks with Trello while "The Ceremonial Song" Shrine Quest is active, he will admit that the Champion's Festival uses a replica of the Lightscale Trident instead of the real one. This replica, the Ceremonial Trident, is nearly identical to the Lightscale Trident, but it isn't as strong nor is it as durable.
Link can obtain the Lightscale Trident after taming Divine Beast Vah Ruta and saving Zora's Domain from flooding. King Dorephan will gift the trident to him as a reward and symbol of their friendship. After the cutscene, Link can collect the Lightscale Trident from inside a chest in the throne room.
The Lightscale Trident is made of metal, and therefore can attract Lightning if it's equipped during storms. It will also sink if it's dropped in the water, but it can be picked up using the Magnesis Rune on the Sheikah Slate. Finally, it won't burn if it's exposed to a Fire or a Scorching Climate.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Mipha amiibo with the Lightscale Trident
Mipha fighting a Moblin with the Lightscale Trident from Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- "Lightscale Trident
A spear of peerless grace cherished by the Zora Champion Mipha. Although Mipha specialized in healing abilities, her spearmanship was in a class all its own." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lightscale Trident
A spear of peerless grace cherished by Mipha. Although Mipha specializes in healing abilities, her spearmanship is in a class all its own." — Allies (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "To celebrate her birth, the smithy Dento presented Mipha with a gift: a mighty spear called the Lightscale Trident." — History of the Zora, Part Four (Breath of the Wild)
- "Under Seggin's instruction, Mipha honed her skills, and her radiance grew alongside her skill with the Lightscale Trident." — History of the Zora, Part Four (Breath of the Wild)
- "As a way of offering her soul repose, they tried to send the Lightscale Trident drifting down the Zora River" — History of the Zora, Part Four (Breath of the Wild)
- "But when they did, the trident began to glow, and Mipha's voice rang loud and clear for all Zora to hear:" — History of the Zora, Part Four (Breath of the Wild)
- ""The Lightscale Trident and I are one... Abandon your grief and know joy once again. Do not cry...just remember."" — History of the Zora, Part Four (Breath of the Wild)
- "And so, keeping to her request, one the day of the Great Calamity...the day that Mipha passed from this world...the Zora venerate the Lightscale Trident and remember their brave princess. Such is the origin of the Champion Festival." — History of the Zora, Part Four (Breath of the Wild)
- "The ceremonial trident is used in a festival to honor Champion Mipha..." — Trello (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Champion Festival's Lightscale Trident... Well, it's a fake." — Trello (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ceremonial Trident
A spear modeled after the Lightscale Trident wielded by the Zora Champion Mipha. They may be identical in appearance, but this spear's strength and durability are inferior." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link! I must reward your efforts! Now then! I implore you to collect the treasure inside that chest over there. It was cherished by Mipha. A memento of sorts. I would like you to have it as a token of our friendship." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Lightscale Trident... I somehow felt it had disappeared from this world. Shall I remake it for you?... In that case, I will need a Zora spear, one diamond, and five pieces of flint." — Dento (Breath of the Wild)