Library Books are items from The Minish Cap. As their name suggests, they are three books that belong to the Royal Hyrule Library. However, the books are long overdue, and Link must retrieve them from their owners in order to open the way to Librari, a Minish who was able to enter the Temple of Droplets long ago and now lives in the second floor of the Library. Once all the books are returned to the librarian, they will be put back on the shelf, allowing Link to speak to Librari and receive the Flippers after passing his trial.
In order to find out who checked out the books, Link must speak to Maggie.
A Hyrulean Bestiary
- Main article: A Hyrulean Bestiary
A Hyrulean Bestiary is the first of three books that Link must retrieve. Julietta took it home in hopes of learning more about her new Cat. Link must enter the House in Hyrule Town with a purple roof and climb the chimney as while Minish-sized to walk across to the House in blue. Once inside, Link must push the Book off the shelf, allowing him to take it back to the Library.
Legend of the Picori
- Main article: Legend of the Picori
The second book that Link must find, the Legend of the Picori, is located in Dr. Left's House. When Link speaks to Dr. Left about the book, he claims not to know where it is. To push the Bookshelves in his House, Link must shrink to Minish size and enter the Fountain to obtain the Power Bracelets. Afterwards, Link can align the Bookshelves in a way that allows him to go into the rafters. Link will find Legend of the Picori here, but he must first help a Town Minish push it down below. Once this is done, Link can retrieve the Book and give it back to Maggie.
A History of Masks
- Main article: A History of Masks
A History of Masks is the last book needed to reach Librari, and it can be found in Mayor Hagen's Lakeside Cabin. Located in Lake Hylia, the book is on top of a bookshelf; Link must push it off while Minish-sized.
The small Minish settlement on the second floor of the Library is built into one of the bookcases, and while Minish-sized, the Hylian titles can be read.
- 哲学 (Philosophy) 1 - 4
- ハイラルの歴史 (History of Hyrule)
- 古代文明 (Ancient Civilizations) 1 & 2
- 茸図鑑 (Mushroom Encyclopedia)
- 星の世界 (The World of Stars) 1 & 2
- 祭の仕来たり (Festival Customs)
- お花図鑑 (Flower Encyclopedia)
- 不思議の木の実 (The Mysterious Nut) x 2
- 盥とホース (Tub & Hose) 1 & 2
- 祭の歌 (Festival Songs)
The posters also contain listings for the following titles.
- Married to the Moblin
- Gorman's Guide to Good Grub
- Learn to Like Your Like Like: A Good Guide to a Bad Pet
- Hyrule on 10 Rupees a Day
- Rem's Anthology for Sleepless Nights
- So Your Son Wants to Be a Hero... It Could Be Verse!
- "Library Book: A Hyrulean Bestiary" — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "You what? You want to enter the Temple of Droplets? I have heard rumors that one Minish actually did find a way in, long ago... That Minish is Elder Librari, and he is in semi-retirement in the town library." — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Hey, hey, hey! This is no good! No good at all! A human borrowed a book, and now none of us can get back to Elder Librari! How will he get by all alone? I'm so worried... I'm sure the librarian knows something about where those books went... But there's nothing we wee Minish can do about it!" — Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "You know, Link, you've now returned all of our overdue books! Now I can finally get that bookshelf on the second floor in order! Hey, Sturgeon! Books to shelve!!" — Maggie (The Minish Cap)
- "Take A Hyrulean Bestiary, for example. Been gone for ages. Checked out by a girl with a cat. She said she had a new cat at her house. Wanted to learn more about it, she did." — Maggie (The Minish Cap)
- "My name is Dr. Left. You're here about that book, Legend of the Picori, aren't you? Well, I hate to say this, but I haven't seen it in several days. Perhaps a mischievous little mouse has taken it? Well, I'm sure it's in this house somewhere. I just don't know where." — Dr. Left (The Minish Cap)
- "Ho! Ha! Hey!! Phew... I want to return this book by dropping it down below. It's impossible without some help pushing... But my brother is so busy with a book of his own that he won't help me out!" — Town Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "The mayor took off for his cabin by the lake clutching a book. We saw him go... But when he came back, he didn't have the book anymore. I'm sure he just forgot it at the lake cabin." — Minish (The Minish Cap)