Features and Overview
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, the House of Books is located south of Kakariko Village. The Book of Mudora can be found on the top of a bookshelf, and can be knocked down by dashing into it with the Pegasus Boots.
- Main articles: Atlas Of Koholint Island, Auto Map and Memo Guide Book, Dark Secrets And Mysteries Of Koholint, Fun With Bombs, How to Handle Your Shield Like a Pro!, Secrets Of The Whirling Blade, Selecting The Item That's Right For You and The Properties Of Warp Holes
In Link's Awakening, the Village Library contains several books that explain basic controls, the Atlas of Koholint Island that lets Link see the full map of Koholint Island, and Dark Secrets And Mysteries Of Koholint, which gives directions to navigate inside the Wind Fish's Egg.
In Link's Awakening DX, an additional book can be found atop of a bookshelf. In order to access it, Link must knock it down by dashing into the bookshelf using the Pegasus Boots. Link can then read it to learn the instructions needed to access the Color Dungeon.
Oracle of Ages
- Main article: Eyeglass Island Library
In Oracle of Ages, the Eyeglass Island Library is located in the Zora Seas. It can only be opened by using the Library Key. Inside, Link can find the Book of Seals in the present and Fairy Powder in the past. The Mirror Shield can also be obtained from here through a Linked Game.
The Minish Cap
- Main article: Royal Hyrule Library
In The Minish Cap, the Royal Hyrule Library is home to the Minish elder Librari. In order to reach it, Link must find the three missing Library Books. When found, the Library will store the books back on their bookshelves so Link can climb them and reach Librari, who will lead him to the location of the Flippers. When Vaati takes over Hyrule Castle, a Vassal blocks the entrance to the Royal Hyrule Library.
Breath of the Wild
- Main article: Hyrule Castle Library
In Breath of the Wild there is a library in the Hyrule Castle that has fallen into disrepair. It holds several monsters and cookbooks, and a secret chamber used by the king with his personal journal.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||書の家 (Sho no Ie) (ALttP)||House of Books|
|Italian||Biblioteca del villaggio (LANS)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 270 (TMC)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 111
- "Village Library" — Atlas of Koholint Island (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Leaving Sahasrahla, Link returns to Kakariko Village to look for clues to the location of the remaining two pendants..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 4)
- "The House of Books is ablaze! The soldiers must have laid torch to it!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 4)
- "He's inside that inferno?! Sahasrahla said I must speak with him!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 5)
- "Mister, you gotta help! The librarian is trapped inside!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 5)
- A Link to the Past manual, pg. 2, 3 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 3