- Not to be confused with the Lanayru Sand Sea, the wasteland left of the Lanayru Sea during the events of Skyward Sword.
Ancient Sea Chart
Features and Overview
The Lanayru Sea was a treacherous ocean that had receded long before the events of Skyward Sword. Due to rapid climate change, an area of the Lanayru Sea would later become the Lanayru Sand Sea, and eventually Gerudo Desert.
During the events of Skyward Sword, Link is tasked to retrieve an Ancient Sea Chart in order to navigate the waters lost to time.
Breath of the Wild
- The map within Skipper's Retreat depicts the Sealed Grounds in the Faron region, which implies the Lanayru Sea existed sometime after the Ancient Battle with Demise. However, as the map was likely created using Timeshift Stones, it may have receded long before.
- This map may also indicate that the Lanayru, Faron and Eldin Province were separated by an inland sea. The area underneath the sea would later become Hyrule Field.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||Mar de Lanayru||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 58 (SS)
- "Lanayru Sea" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "You got the Ancient Sea Chart! This old map details the area as it was long ago, before the sea succumbed to the desert sand." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "A report, Master. This is Lanayru Sand Sea. This whole area was once a vast ocean. But the water has all evaporated, and now the area is a sea of sand. Signs indicate that this place functioned as a port, linking the land to the sea. This area operated on a new form of power. There is a 90% probability that the sacred flame is located ahead. I recommend exploring this sand sea." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "If you're going to navigate these treacherous waters, then you need a proper sea chart, doo-weep! There is a sea chart in my shack at Skipper's Retreat, bzzzt. So first you need to get on this boat and set a course for Skipper's Retreat!" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Mar de Lanayru" — Map (Breath of the Wild)